Munnar is an ultimate destination to be far from the city’s hustle bustle and to relax and rejuvenate in the mystic Western Ghats. Munnar is enchanting with sloping lush green tea plantations, winding undulating paths, gushing streams by the hillsides.
It is the largest tea growing area of peninsular India with many activities in and around. You have to try some of the activities that excite you depending on the time available to you in Munnar and also depending on the length of your stay.
Being one of the most popular tourist destinations in South India, it’s always suggested to book hotels in advance. With the advancement of technology, Munnar hotels booking are just a click away. There are multiple hotels and resorts in and around Munnar which provide many amenities and services.
There is no dearth of interesting activities to do in Munnar. Activities that are suited for all age groups are available in this Kashmir of South India. Below are the top 5 activities to do when in Munnar to include in your itinerary as per your interests.
- Carmelagiri Elephant Park: how about an elephant ride in the misty forests of Munnar? The elephant ride in the rugged hill paths and deep valleys of the mountains leaves a long-lasting memory for kids and adults too. In the Carmelagiri Elephant Park, you can enjoy watching elephant bath, elephant feeding, timber dragging demonstrations, elephant shower, and display of elephant communication and commands. There are many tour packages to select from like one hour package, one day tour, and half day tour packages along with many stay options.
- Rejuvenate with an Ayurvedic Spa: complete your holiday and have a rejuvenated soul and relaxed body with the various Ayurvedic therapies available in the resorts and spas in and around Munnar. You can go for a classical deep tissue massage, Balinese massage, or an authentic Shirodhara massage. Individual resort and spa charge different charges for different therapies. The cost of the treatment varies as per the choice you opt for.
- Camping and Trekking: are you a fitness freak or an adventure enthusiast? If yes, Munnar is going to offer wonderful trekking paths for you to trek. The Echo Point gives the best trekking experience where voice resonance occurs naturally. Other is the Top Station; the highest point in Munnar offers spellbinding views of the town surrounded by valleys and hills. You have to have a lot of stamina to do trekking all the way 32 kms till you reach the Top Station. Many mountain Camping tours are organized in the Shola National Park.
- Observe rare animals and birds’ species at the famous Wildlife Sanctuaries: Munnar has many species of wildlife and exotic bird species located in the thick and dark forests, national parks, biosphere reserves, and various sanctuaries of Munnar. There are some endangered and nearly extinct animals and birds which can be spotted. The most popular and visited wildlife sanctuaries are
- Eravikulam National Park: located in the Kannan Devan hills of Munnar, spread across an area of 97 sq kms, this national park is famous for endangered species Nilgiri Tahr.
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary: located 60 kms from Munnar is a habitat of leopards, deer, nearly extinct grizzled giant squirrel, and elephants.
- A stay in a tree house: a tree house locally is known as Erumadam, is an eco-friendly accommodation facility constructed by using natural material like bamboo, hay, coir, and straw. This new concept of tree houses is coming up in various places.
Apart from the tree houses, complete Munnar hotels booking in advance to have a wonderful and memorable trip and enjoy the top activities.
Copy Right & Conditions:India CSR Network does not permit other websites/Agency to copy or reproduce or reprint the above article in any form.