This interaction is considered social whether they are aware of it or not, and whether the interaction is voluntary or involuntary.
Corporate Social Responsibility is a process that is concerned with treating the stakeholders of a company or institution ethically or in a responsible manner. ‘Ethically or responsible’ means treating key stakeholders in a manner deemed acceptable according to international norms. Social includes economic, financial and environmental responsibility.
Stakeholders exist both within a firm or institution and outside. Social organisms, including humans, live collectively in interacting populations.
This interaction is considered social whether they are aware of it or not, and whether the interaction is voluntary or involuntary. Social refers to the relationships, interactions, and behaviors that occur among people in a social context. The term “social” can refer to various aspects of human interaction and relationships.
Here are some of the most common uses of the term:
- Social behavior: This refers to the way people act and interact with others in a social setting, such as at a party or in a group.
- Social skills: These are the abilities people have to communicate, connect with, and understand others, such as empathy and active listening.
- Social structure: This refers to the ways in which a society is organized, such as by class, race, or gender.
- Social media: This refers to online platforms and technologies that allow people to communicate and share information, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Social sciences: These are academic disciplines that study human behavior and society, such as sociology, psychology, and anthropology.
In the view of Karl Marx, human beings are intrinsically, necessarily and by definition social beings who, beyond being “gregarious creatures”, cannot survive and meet their needs other than through social co-operation and association.
The term “socialism”, used from the 1830s onwards in France and the United Kingdom, was directly related to what was called the social question.
From the Book – Know Everything about Corporate Social Responsibility Available on Amazon.in
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Channels to stay updated with the latest CSR news and exclusive updates.
By donating to India CSR as you feel moved, you become more than a reader—you become a partner, a co-navigator charting the course for a more enlightened future.