Getting an MBA degree from a good college is the stepping stone to a great career. Getting 100 percentile in CAT and aiming for IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore is a dream for many. But only a few candidates are able to achieve this benchmark. However, there are a huge number of candidates who fall between 75 to 85 percentile in CAT.
CAT answer key is already out, most of us have a rough estimate of our CAT 2021 score by now. Some of us have done great in our CAT entrance but for some of us, luck has not played well this time. But there is nothing to fear if your expected CAT score is below 85 percentile, in this article we have shared a list of top MBA colleges accepting CAT scores below 85 percentile. Check CAT College Predictor
List of Top Bschools accepting below 85 Percentile in CAT 2021
|Management Institute||Actual Expected CAT 2021 cut offs|
|K J Somaiya Mumbai||85|
|T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal||85|
|FORE School of Management New Delhi||85|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (LBSIM) New Delhi||85|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai||80|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||80|
|IFMR KREA University||80|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||80|
|Christ University Bengaluru||80|
|IFIM Business School Bangalore||80|
If you are looking for some leading MBA colleges in India which do accept CAT Percentile between 80-85, you may
have a look at these MBA colleges in India who shortlist its candidates for its flagship management course based on CAT Percentile ranging between 80-85.
|MBA Colleges||CAT Cutoff Percentile|
|Indian Institute of Financial Management and Research, Changambakkam||85 Percentile|
|SPJIMR Mumbai||85 Percentile|
|XIME, Bangalore||85 Percentile|
|WeSchool Mumbai||85 Percentile|
|Institute of Management Studies, BHU||85 Percentile|
|IFIM Bangalore||85 Percentile|
|SIMSREE Mumbai||85 Percentile|
|University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh||85 Percentile|
|Bharathidasan Institute of Management Trichy||85 Percentile|
|FORE School of Management New Delhi||85 Percentile|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai||80 Percentile|
|Delhi School of Management, Delhi Technical University, Delhi||80 Percentile|
|Institute of Rural Management, Anand||80 Percentile|
|DMS, NIT Trichy||80 Percentile|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||80 Percentile|
|MANAGE Hyderabad||80 Percentile|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||80 Percentile|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||80 Percentile|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||80 Percentile|
|National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||80 Percentile|
|National Institute of Technology, Durgapur||80 Percentile|
|SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin||80 Percentile|
|Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad||80 Percentile|
|Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Usha and Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management, New Delhi||80 Percentile|
|Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune, Pune||80 Percentile|
MBA Colleges Accepting 70 Percentile in CAT 2021
MBA Colleges accepting Cut off of 70 percentile and above in CAT 2021 include some of the best MBA colleges in India. They include University affiliated colleges, autonomous institutes and private PGDM colleges. However, there is some difference in the cut offs announced by the MBA colleges accepting 70 Percentile in CAT 2021 and actual cut off percentile for MBA admission. Here is the list of such MBA colleges top MBA colleges accepting 70 percentile with course fees and average placement.
|B-School||Programme Fee (INR in Lakhs)||Average Placement (INR in LPA)|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management Gurgaon||16.65||12.8|
|SDA Bocconi Asia Center||18.6||11.4|
|NIA Pune: National Insurance Academy||9.43||10.3|
|IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University||14.56||10|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||12||8.2|
|Institute of Management Technology Nagpur||12.12||7.98|
|IBS Hyderabad: ICFAI Business School||16.02||7.59|
|Indus Business Academy – IBA Bangalore||8.51||6.92|
|KIIT School of Management Bhubaneswar||14.5||6.87|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow||10.45||6.73|
|International Management Institute Kolkata||11.5||10.01|
|Amrita School of Business||12.6||6.68|
|SIES College of Management Studies and SIES School of Business Studies , Navi Mumbai||9||7.28|
|Vijay Patil School of Management Navi Mumbai||14||—|
|VIT Business School (VIT) Vellore||7.02||5.1|
How to choose your MBA college?
Despite having a good CAT percentile, you may not be able to decide which, out of the top MBA colleges accepting below 85 percentile in CAT, should be chosen. Before making your decision, you should consider the following:
- Approvals & Recognitions: The MBA/PGDM should be AICTE Approved or UGC recognized
- Program Fee: There are top colleges with low fees of Rs.75 thousand to Rs.6 lakhs where MBA Admission is available with CAT 80 percentile. These are Delhi University, Mumbai University, GGSIPU Delhi affiliated MBA colleges among others. If your CAT percentile matches the requirement, pursuing your MBA from such institutes is as good as pursuing it from IIMs where the fee range is between 16 to 24 lakhs. Higher the fee bigger will be hole in your pocket.
- Programs Offered: Better to check the programs offered by the B-school before submitting the application for admission. If you wish to do MBA in Finance and the institute does not offer it, there is no use applying for admission
- Placements: Choose the best MBA college which has a consistently good placement record and a rising average salary.
- Faculty: The institute with highly qualified and research oriented faculty should be the first choice.
- Infrastructure: The institute campus must be good and should be well equipped with latest study material, library, wi-fi and should be conducive for education.
- Students’ Hostel: There are many MBA colleges which do not have their own hostels at the campus. It reduces peer learning. So choose the MBA college with a hostel available at the campus.
Admission to the flagship management programs in a number of top MBA colleges accepting 80 percentile in CAT 2021 is not very difficult. If you are well prepared and clear the GD-PI round with a good score, you may get a final admission offer.