INDIA CSR News Network
Visakhapatnam : Society for Promotion of Public Libraries (SPPL)-Visakhapatnam is organizing two days national seminar on Revitalizing Public Libraries through Public Private Partnership (PPP) on 8th – 9th February, 2014 at Zilla Granthalaya Samstha- Vizianagaram, P.S.N. Murthy, President, SPPL informed INDIACSR.
Seminar is being organized in association Zilla Granthalaya Samstha- Vizianagaram. Event is Sponsored by Raja Rammohun Roy Library Foundation, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India. INDIACSR is the online media partner and CSR & COMPETITIVENESS, foremost monthly CSR magazine is the magazine partner for the seminar.
Download brochure : REVITALIZING PUBLIC LIBRARIES
We welcome those institutions or individual who are passionate about promoting public library to collaborate the event, said. P.S.N. Murthy, President, SPPL.
“This seminar is aimed at promoting Public Libraries through the concept of Public-Private Partnership.
The objective of the seminar is to provide a platform to deliberate on the problems and issues of Public Libraries and provide alternative solutions for their development.”, P.S.N. Murthy said.
“Today Public Libraries are going through difficult times due to bureaucratic apathy and lack of esources. Although public libraries form part of educational system, they have been neglected for various reasons. Keeping this in view, the National Knowledge Commission suggested that libraries should adopt Public-Private Partnership model for their growth and development.”, he added.
The following issues will be discussed in the seminar :
1. The role and importance of public libraries in a knowledge society.
2. Problems of Public Libraries and NGO – managed libraries with special reference to Andhra Pradesh.
3. The concept of Public-Private Partnership and its application to Public Libraries.
4. The role of local bodies, citizens, philanthropists, NRIs, religious endowments, corporate firms and PSUs in maintaining Public Libraries.
5. The need for a network of institutions and people interested in libraries to raise funds for the development/promotion of Public Libraries.
6. To formulate methods and procedures for seeking funds from corporate firms, NGOs, local bodies, PSUs etc for the development of public libraries.
The theme of the conference is “Revitalizing Public Libraries through Public-Private Partnership”. The sub-themes of the seminar are :
1. Concept of Public – Private – Partnership
2. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Public Libraries
3. Public Libraries in the knowledge society
4. Role of Public Libraries in adult, formal & non-formal education
5. Connecting Public Libraries with academic libraries and education
6. Promotion of Reading Habits among youth
7. Role of Public Libraries in life-long learning
8. The impact of RRRLF on Public Libraries
9. Public Libraries as agents of change
10. Public Libraries and free access to information.
There is no Registration fee for the seminar; however, participants who are coming from other cities and towns are requested to get their names enrolled for the seminar in advance. Spot registration is also available for participants.
The seminar is open to all Librarians, Chairmen/Secretaries of Zilla Granthalaya Samsthas, PROs of PSUs and Corporate Companies, Management experts, Heads of Non-Governmental agencies, Social workers, and LIS students.
Call for Papers:
Library professionals and others who are interested in presenting papers at the seminar are requested to submit their articles in MS Word format in 12 pt New Times Roman font with 1.5 lines spacing with sufficient margins on all the sides. The paper should include the name(s) of author(s), designation and complete address. Authors can send soft copies of their papers to : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates :
Submission of full papers : 30/12/2013
Intimation of Acceptance : 10/01/2014
For further information contact :
Sri D. Muralidhar, Secretary
Society for Promotion of Public Libraries
Door No. 7-1-63/7, Flat 1/F, R.K. Sivaramdas Estates
China Waltair, Visakhapatnam – 530 017. A.P., INDIA.
Mob: 9248463918 (or) 9949473411