Happy Dhanteras 2023 Highlights:
- Date and Time: November 10, 2023, with the Pradosh Kaal from 5:42 PM to 8:17 PM for the auspicious celebrations.
- Significance: Marks the beginning of Diwali, symbolizing prosperity and new beginnings.
Dhanteras is one of the most auspicious festivals in India, celebrated on the thirteenth day of the Kartik month in the Hindu calendar. It marks the beginning of the five-day Diwali festivities and is dedicated to the worship of Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, Lord Kubera, the god of treasure, and Lord Dhanvantari, the god of Ayurveda. On this day, people buy gold and silver ornaments, utensils, and other items as a sign of prosperity and good luck. They also perform puja rituals at home and light lamps to ward off evil and welcome happiness.
Happy Dhanteras date and time
Dhanteras will be celebrated on Wednesday, November 10, 2023. The Trayodashi Tithi or the thirteenth lunar day will begin at 02:05 AM on November 10 and end at 03:27 AM on November 11. The best time or shubh muhurat to perform the Dhanteras puja is during the Pradosh Kaal, which is the evening time when the sun sets and the night begins. The Pradosh Kaal will last from 05:08 PM to 07:52 PM on November 10. The most auspicious time or Vrishabha Kaal, when the moon is in the Taurus sign, will be from 05:24 PM to 07:15 PM on the same day.
Happy Dhanteras Puja Vidhi: A Step-by-Step Guide
The Dhanteras puja is a simple yet sacred ritual that is performed to invoke the blessings of Lord Dhanvantari, the god of Ayurveda, and Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity. Here’s a step-by-step guide to performing the Dhanteras puja:
- Preparation: Cleanse the puja area and arrange all the necessary items, including a kalash (pot), coconut, betel leaves, rice, kumkum (vermilion), camphor, incense sticks, Indian sweets and dry fruits for prasad (offering), and a diya (earthen lamp).
- Invocation: Light the diya and recite the Gayatri Mantra or any other devotional hymn to invoke the divine presence.
- Panchamrita Snana: Prepare the panchamrita, a mixture of five sacred nectars – milk, curd, ghee, honey, and sugar. Bathe the idols of Lord Dhanvantari and Goddess Lakshmi with this panchamrita.
- Shodasha Upacara Puja: Perform the shodasha upacara puja, which involves offering 16 items to the deities, including flowers, fruits, sweets, and clothes.
- Arati: Perform the arati ceremony, waving a lighted lamp around the idols while chanting religious hymns.
- Prasad: Distribute the prasad to all family members and guests.
- Dhanvantari Mantra: Recite the Dhanvantari mantra to seek the blessings of good health and prosperity:
“Om Dhanvantaryaye Namah”
- Lakshmi Mantra: Recite the Lakshmi mantra to invoke the blessings of wealth and abundance:
“Om Shrim Lakshmiye Namah”
Happy Dhanteras: Shubh Muhurat for Dhanteras puja
The most auspicious time for performing the Dhanteras puja is during the Pradosh Kaal, which falls between sunset and dusk. This year, the Pradosh Kaal will be from 5:30 PM to 8:08 PM on November 10, 2023.
Happy Dhanteras Muhurat to buy gold and silver
Buying gold and silver items on Dhanteras is considered to be very auspicious and beneficial. It is believed that these items bring wealth, happiness, and protection to the family. The best time or shubh muhurat to buy gold and silver on Dhanteras is during the Vrishabha Kaal, which is from 05:24 PM to 07:15 PM on November 10, 2023. However, one can also buy these items anytime during the day or night as per their convenience and budget.
Happy Dhanteras Mantra
The mantra or the sacred chant for Dhanteras is as follows:
> Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Mahalakshmyai Namaha!
अमृतकलश हस्ताय सर्वभय विनाशाय सर्वरोगनिवारणाय । श्री धन्वंतरी स्वरूप श्री श्री श्री औषधचक्र नारायणाय नमः ।। * ॐ धन्वंतरये नमः ।।
This mantra is dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi and is said to attract wealth, abundance, and prosperity. One can recite this mantra 108 times on Dhanteras while holding a rosary or a mala in their hand. Alternatively, one can also listen to this mantra on a loop or play it in the background while performing the puja or buying the gold and silver items.
Also Read: Happy Dhanteras 2023: Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp Status
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Channels to stay updated with the latest CSR news and exclusive updates.
By donating to India CSR as you feel moved, you become more than a reader—you become a partner, a co-navigator charting the course for a more enlightened future.