MUMBAI: As part of the ongoing Daan Utsav, EdelGive Foundation, the strategic philanthropic arm of Edelweiss Group in collaboration with more than five NGOs is celebrating the joy of giving in over 70 cities and 100 offices Pan India for the whole month of October.
Daan Utsav, the globally renowned festival of giving is celebrated annually at Edelweiss. The Group galvanizes its 7000+ employee base and over 1100000 clients, ensuring maximum participation. This year, the Group has pledged to support children from marginalized communities via in-kind donations and monetary contributions.
Vidya Shah, CEO, EdelGive Foundation said, “Daan Utsav at Edelweiss continues over Diwali right through the month of October. The campaign offers our employees and customers a choice to contribute any way they choose including, monetary support, in-kind donations, volunteering in engagement activities or by sharing their expertise to empower the NGO. By choosing their way to give, they discover the true joy there is in the act of giving.”
Activities planned for the month of October across Edelweiss offices:
- Daan Utsav Boxes have been placed at strategic locations to collect old clothes, books, stationary and toys for children from marginalized communities
- NGO stalls selling rural handicrafts made by the differently-abled
- Saurabh Nimbkar (a young Samaritan famous for performing in local trains) performed at the Edelweiss head office to raise funds for Cancer Patients – Raised over Rs. 1,70,000 in employee donations towards KEM Hospital
- Senior Management from the head office attended the Annual Day at Jai Vakeel Foundation in Wadala to understand the cause
- 30 Emerging Leaders, the youngest members of the Edelweiss leadership pipeline, visited Zila Parishad schools in Wada
- Employees from the Rajasthan branch participated in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and cleaned the Sindhi camp metro station in Jaipur