NEW DELHI: Spark Minda (Ashok Minda Group), leading manufacturers of automotive components, has released its Annual Corporate Responsibility Report for the year 2016-17. Group implements its social projects under Spark Minda Foundation (SMF) and Moga Devi Minda Charitable Trust. Spark Minda Foundation has focused its CSR work in a number of key areas, each of which helps to tackle social challenges through innovation, transformation and leadership.
The report highlights the Spark Minda’s commitment to the communities and countries in which group conducts business and to the planet at large.
“Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been playing a significant role in the nation building. Spark Minda Foundation’s social and developmental initiative are step towards that directions. As Spark Minda Foundation, we believe that industry should and must wholeheartedly participate in CSR activities and give back to the society.”, says Sarika Minda, Chairperson, Spark Minda Foundaiton in the report.
“Creating a good business and building a better world are compatible goals and indispensable components for long term success. Our take on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the practical application of the concept for sustainable development by our business. Our businesses have always taken care of their natural and social environments and communities. We are one of the few global companies in the world who start their CSR initiatives even before setting up the factories.”, says Ashok Minda, Chairman & Group CEO of Spark Minda, Ashok Minda Group.
“This report is not a mere listing of our progress and achievements, but is testimony to the transformative change that arises from people and communities coming together for a common cause.”, says Praveen Karn, Head Group CSR.
Milestones for the year
- Established 6 Aakarshan Centers in India, where Employment and entrepreneurship oriented vocational training is imparted.
- Imparted Skill Training to 2397 youths, Women and Children on various vocational trade.
- Employment of 137 persons with disability across our group.
- Established Business Integrated CSR projects under PPP Model at Tihar Jail, Delhi; Yerwada Jail and Aurangabad Central Prison, Maharashtra.
- Generated 34.72 lakhs KWH Solar Energy.
- Saved 48.06 lakh KWH Electricity, through various measures
- Recycled 5.19 lakh KL water
- Benefited 46426 people through health checkup and awareness programs
- Facilitated fitment of 1683 Artificial limps to PWDs
- Donation of 1856 units of blood by employees
- Constructed 5 toilets, 3 portable water facilities in the community
- Saved 340 (31.16 lakh papers) trees trough paper saving initiatives
- Planted 9373 trees with more than 90 survival
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this feature are entirely their own and does not necessarily reflect the views of India CSR Network and its Editor.
Terms & Conditions: India CSR Network does not permit other Websites/Agency to copy or reproduce or reprint the above article/feature in any form or means.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Channels to stay updated with the latest CSR news and exclusive updates.
By donating to India CSR as you feel moved, you become more than a reader—you become a partner, a co-navigator charting the course for a more enlightened future.