PepsiCo, Inc. released its 2022 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Summary today, presenting a comprehensive overview of the first full year since the inception of PepsiCo Positive (pep+) in 2021.
PepsiCo Positive is a transformative program that influences every aspect of the business – from the growth of ingredients to the manufacturing and sale of the company’s renowned product portfolio. The program provides the framework for all ESG target-setting and progress initiatives.
Measurable Progress in Key Areas
In 2022, PepsiCo demonstrated notable advances in its nutrition, agriculture, social involvement (people and communities), and water-use efficiency targets. It also increased access to safe water. PepsiCo remains committed to reducing climate emissions and the use of virgin plastic.
Impressive Outcomes in 2022
Key outcomes for 2022 include:
- For the second consecutive year, 75% of its convenient foods portfolio volume did not exceed 1.1 grams of saturated fat per 100 calories. PepsiCo first achieved this goal in 2021, four years ahead of schedule.
- The company further reduced added sugars and sodium in its product portfolio in 2022.
- PepsiCo expanded its regenerative farming footprint to over 900,000 acres globally, more than doubling its reach and helping farmers become more resilient while reducing carbon emissions.
- The company surpassed its goal to achieve 10% Hispanic representation in U.S. managerial positions three years early.
- PepsiCo improved water-use efficiency by 22% in high water-risk areas since 2015, inching closer to its 2025 goal of 25%.
- In 2022, the company provided safe water access to an additional 12 million people.
Committed to Greater ESG Progress
Despite these impressive strides, PepsiCo is focused on making even greater progress in packaging and emissions reductions. The company is developing plans to further its goals in these areas, prioritizing actions expected to yield the most significant impact.
Jim Andrew, Chief Sustainability Officer at PepsiCo, commented, “Decoupling our business growth from our resource use is always going to be difficult, but meeting our long-term targets is critical, and we are rapidly learning how and where we need to adjust.”
PepsiCo has issued $2.25 billion in green bonds since 2019 and continues to make substantial investments towards achieving its pep+ agenda, which includes becoming net-zero and reducing the use of virgin plastics.
Recognized for ESG Reporting Excellence
PepsiCo is committed to providing transparent reporting and has been recognized by Corporate Secretary’s Corporate Governance Awards for three consecutive years for its excellent ESG reporting. As the company moves forward, the 2022 ESG Summary serves as a testament to PepsiCo’s commitment to making a positive impact on the world.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Channels to stay updated with the latest CSR news and exclusive updates.
By donating to India CSR as you feel moved, you become more than a reader—you become a partner, a co-navigator charting the course for a more enlightened future.