KOCHI: Amidst the recent unprecedented rains and floods which ravaged many parts of Kerala and resulted in massive destruction of lives, homes, schools, hospitals, and civic infrastructure, ACC Limited, leading producers of cement and ready-mix concrete immediately stepped in with resources, manpower and logistical support to provide on-ground relief and rehabilitation to assist people and local authorities in the flood impacted regions of Kerala.
Along with contributions by ACC Trust, ACC employees immediately donated one day’s salary to the humanitarian effort. Apart from financial aid, the leadership has leveraged the company’s resources to support relief and rehabilitation, while also collaborating and mobilizing its channel partners to help in these efforts.
Neeraj Akhoury, Managing Director & CEO, ACC Limited said, “We salute the spirit of the people of Kerala for their resilience, courage and sheer determination as they face one of the most daunting times. ACC is making every effort to contribute to the relief and rehabilitation of the State.”
“But going far beyond financial contribution, teams of ACC employees are on ground in Kerala, ensuring that we use the company’s resources to provide immediate relief in the form of food, water, clothing and more to impacted people. Teams of plumbers, electricians, cleaners and masons from our plant in Chennai are in Kerala to provide essential services to help people move back into their homes.”, he added.
“I am proud of our family of Dealers and CFAs who are working shoulder to shoulder with us shoulder to shoulder to create a massive relief and rehabilitation effort, with impact and scale. We will continue to support the people of Kerala in the coming days.”, further added.
- As the calamity unfolded, ACC established a Control Center in Kochi along with an assistance helpline to co-ordinate relief measures in various districts.
- 18 ACC Information Kiosks were set up in flood affected areas to pass on information and requests for specific relief to the Control Centre.
- 11 ACC Help vans are transporting essential food items, water, emergency lamps and more to marooned people.
- ACC’s employee volunteers have been spending the last few days personally distributing relief materials to people in relief camps across the state providing them with drinking water, grocery items, food kits and kitchen utensils.
- ACC sent teams of carpenters, plumbers, electricians and maintenance personnel from its plant in Madukkarai, Tamil Nadu to Kerala.
- Displaced people in Kerala have been finding it difficult to go back to their homes due to the heavy mud deposit inside their homes, disrupted electricity and water supply and damage to household items such as furniture, clothes and kitchen utensils. ACC teams of maintenance workers are helping them with the removal of mud deposits, restoration of electricity and plumbing facilities.
- A Mobile Maintenance Van unit from its Chennai plant was dispatched with equipment for welding, plumbing, electric work and cleaning equipment and is moving across various sites in the State.
ACC’s corporate commitment to communities is emblematic of the brand – beginning from the company’s first Village Improvement Scheme in 1944. Throughout its 82 year history, social responsibility has been integral to the Company’s vision. The journey continues.
(Based on Statement)
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this feature are entirely his own and does not necessarily reflect the views of India CSR Network and its Editor.
Terms & Conditions: India CSR Network does not permit other Websites/Agency to copy or reproduce or reprint the above article/feature in any form or means.