Dr. Vinod K. Verma is a dynamic professional with comprehensive networking and interpersonal skills with a career spanning more than 28 years in the corporate world. He is a multi-faceted personality with wide-ranging responsibilities cutting across multiple sectors.
Hailing from a small town called Bhiwani in Haryana, he has established a consistent track record of thought leadership & success through his sheer grit & determination.
His current assignment is with the Aditya Birla Group as Vice President – Group Corporate Affairs. His scope of responsibility includes verticals such as Aluminium, Copper, Bauxite, Coal, Power, Mining etc., to name a few. Action-oriented and a performance driven leader, Dr. Verma’s approach to work is systematic and customer centric.
He is acknowledged in the industry as an authority on public relations with bureaucracy, polity, central & state govt. ministries, diplomatic community, import & export confederations & various trade bodies.
He has been a core team member of that envisioned & evolved a long term road map for comprehensive growth backed by strategic business & tactical action plans with far-reaching impact on both the business community and the society at large.
He is widely recognised as an expert on clearances for Greenfield & Brownfield Projects and has tremendous exposure in legal/tribunals & in the project monitoring group of the Cabinet Secretariat.
After holding forte in HR, CSR, Compliance & Environmental Responsibility in the Steel Industry, he took on the mantle of Corporate Affairs and has since then made cutting-edge contribution with respect to Policy
Advocacy for the growth of the steel, power and non-ferrous industry.
A man of gentle persuasion, he truly symbolizes the best in Human Resource Management, Public Relations, Govt. Affairs, Strategic Planning, Industrial Relations and Corporate/Regulatory Affairs. Due to his vast wealth of knowledge & networking acumen, Dr. Verma is affiliated with several social, technical and business organizations. His professional conduct, value-based life philosophy and affable nature has won him immense goodwill and numerous well- wishers.
Dr. Verma’s excellent public relation & networking skills with various Embassies/High Commissions/Diplomatic Community has earned him the position of Director Economic Affairs on various Business/Friendship Forums such as- India-Russia, India -Bhutan, India- Bulgaria, India-China etc.
In his pursuit of knowledge & excellence, he has travelled the globe & has worldwide exposure to countries like USA, France, UK, Canada, Italy, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, China, Germany, Czech Republic, Bhutan, Poland, Austria and Korea.
Empowered with degrees like Ph.D (Economics), MBA, PG Diploma in PM&IR, Journalism & HRD, Dip-T&D and LLB, Dr. Vermais still a person of deep humility.
An academic at heart, Dr. Verma’s youthful, seeking spirit and passion for learning propelled him to augment his knowledge with certifications in various other ancillary streams including:
- Certified Human Resource Director (CHRD) by Talent Management Academy, Germany
- Certified Corporate Directorship by International Institute of Directors, London
- Certified Trainer by ISTD
- Accredited Management Teacher by AIMA
- Certified in Consulting Skill by Consultancy Development Centre, Institute of DSIR
- Certified Security Practitioner (CSP) & Certified Disaster Management (CDM), BCP Professional by International Instituteof Security& Safety Management
- Certificatein Strategy- Finance and Marketing by ASTD, USA
- Certificatein Mastering Corporate Social Responsibility by CII Further, he has even served as a member on key Central Government Committees such as:
- Member TAC (Telephone Advisory Committee) Ministry of Communications & IT, Govt. of India.
- Member, ZRUCC-SER, Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India
- Member of Steel Consumer’s Council, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India
- Member of Sectional Committee on Copper in BIS, Govt. of India
Dr Verma has been conferred with various prestigious awards like Excellence Award at London Parliament, Global Citizen Award for excellence in Diplomatic Community Networking, Hindalco Pride Award, Sharam & Corporate Ratna Award and Excellence in Thought Leadership Award to name a few.