India CSR News Network
MUMBAI:Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) is holding a national CSR convention at BSE Mumbai on 22 June 2016 with senior government, corporate and NGO officials. The theme of the conference is ‘Business and Society: Collaborating for growth with impact’.
In a first of its kind practitioner meet, BSE, IICA and Sattva are hosting the inaugural edition of the National CSR Conclave, bringing together 200+ CSR heads, non-profit leaders, business heads, and the social impact ecosystem to discuss learnings, challenges and collectively chart the course for effective CSR in India.
The Indian CSR legislation, the first of its kind in the world, provides a regulatory framework for corporates to contribute to nation building and inclusive development. As we step into the 3rd year of the CSR Act in existence, it is clear that the conversation is moving beyond plain compliance to the provisions of the law towards an active exploration of meaningful ways of build value through strategic investments and implementation in CSR.
The National CSR Conclave hopes to lay the way forward for CSR in India by bringing together key stakeholders, from business to civil society.
The feedback from the data and numbers on CSR spending has been very positive – with over 75% compliance from companies across diverse sectors. This provides the right time to reflect on the progress and learnings and discuss the way forward in building a nurturing ecosystem for corporates, civil society and government to partner together for social impact.
Inaugural address by eminent business and society leaders
- Dr. Bhaskar Chatterjee, DG& CEO, IICA
- Ashish Kumar Chauhan, MD& CEO, BSE
- Anil Sardana, MD & CEO, TATA Power
- Ravi Venkatesan, Chairman, Bank of Baroda and Chairman, Social Venture Partners, India
- Anshu Gupta, Founder, Goonj and Ramon Magsasay Award winner
Data and discussions on CSR effectiveness
- Interactive discussion with audience and panelists on ‘Year 3 of CSR Implementation’: Challenges and way forward, anchored by Dr. Bhaskar Chatterjee
- IICA Release of FY2014-2015 CSR spend data and highlights from over 1000 top companies
- Discussions on the CSR Exchange – Sammaan and CSR Index
- Roundtable discussion sessions on CSR opportunities in healthcare, skilling, and education in India with expert panelists
- “Nurturing Social Impact Ecosystems” discussion to open dialogue around partnership and capacity building between non-profit and corporate India
The conference is being ably supported by CSR of several top companies. HPCL and Voltas Water are Sector Roundtable Support Partners andIL&FS Academy for Applied Development (IAAD) is the knowledge partner.
During the programme CSR data and its analysis from IICA, CSR index and exchange etc. would be released and discussed.
DownloadCSR Policy of BSE India