Dr. Ujjwalkumar Chavhan – IRS, Deputy Director, Enforcement Directorate (ED) also Joint Commissioner, Income Tax will be joining the Maharashtra CSR Summit as a Chief Guest. He will be delivering a keynote address on his social development mission ‘Mission 500 crore liter water reservoir’.
The Maharashtra CSR Summit is themed around ‘Leveraging CSR to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Maharashtra” and will be held on July 27, 2022, in Mumbai at Yashwantrao Chavan Pratisthan Auditorium (Near Mantralaya), Nariman Point. Visit for more details: mumbaicsr.com
About Chief Guest – Dr. Ujjwalkumar Chavhan – IRS
IRS officer from 2010 batch is working in the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance in the Government of India. He has 12 years of experience in Tax Administration, Anti Money Laundering Investigation, and Financial Fraud Investigation.
His Social Work
He has been running a “Mission 500 crore liter water reservoir”. A movement started in 2017 from Dhamangaon village in Jalgaon District, for water conservation. Farmers come together, plan, contribute to diesel expenses for making tanks and check dams by Poclain /JCB machines are made available by NGOs. So far, 34 villages in 4 districts created reservoirs of 208 crore liter, planted 45000 trees and repaired farm roads of 20KM.
Pach Patil Team
14 People are trained in Leadership Development Skills and took responsibility for 5 villages each. Hence they are called ‘Pach Patil’. They create awareness among the villages by conducting meetings and Shivar Pheri, select Gaon Pramukh, who in turn Plans and executes the work with farmers. All this machinery works voluntarily. Hence the Mission does not incur any administrative costs.
Outcomes of Social Work
- Rise in groundwater level up to 5-10 feet from the ground.
- Rivers in these villages continue flowing till March. Earlier they run dry by October.
- Farmers harvesting two crops, Kharip and Rabbi. Income doubled. Employment availed locally.
- Boost Animal husbandry, Dairy, and Fishery activities.
- More Grass, Bushes and Trees grow and sustain around wetlands, balancing the Ecology.
Specialties of the social development projects
- Self Sustainable, People Driven- 60% of expenditure is by Farmers.
- Transparent- NGOs directly pay Machine vendors and Farmers for Petrol Pumps.
- Voluntary, Selfless service by the pach Patil and Gaon Pramukh.
- Indigenous skills used, people working with Varkari philosophy and spirit.
- Non-Political, Non- Commercial, Non-Religious movement- Civil Society in Villages.
- In tune with Agro-Climatic Environmental Principles, without disturbing nature.
Other Social work
- UPSC chi Vari- Candidates passing the UPSC exam create awareness in rural youth of their District for a week.
- Rugnashram- a 50-bedded facility for Corona patients during the pandemic at Chalisgaon.
- M.B.B.S., Government Medical College, Miraj
- Master in Business Law and Taxation, NALSAR University, Hyderabad
- Master in Economics, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi
- L.L.B., Siddharth College of Law, Mumbai
Awards received by Him
- Kartavyam Award, by the hands of Hon’ble Governor of Maharashtra
- Paropkari Award, by Rotari Club , Chennai
- Khandeshratna Puraskar, by Sakal Media Group, Jalgaon
- Appreciation by Hon’ble Minister Shri Gajendra Sing Shekhawat, Jalshakti Mantralay, Government of India.
- Appreciation by Hon’ble Shri Rajendra Sing, Waterman of India at the National Convention of Rivers at Hyderabad.
The Maharashtra CSR Summit
The state level forum that would also feature Maharashtra CSR Awards and Exhibition, be the largest gathering of CSR and developmental sector leaders of Maharashtra. It is to be noted that Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur on March 22, 2021 informed the Lok Sabha that Maharashtra has got the largest share of funds, nearly 12,700 crores out of more than 72,000 crores CSR funds. The broader objective of the forum is to formulate a common goal among the CSR, Govt. and nonprofit organizations in Maharashtra for maximizing the benefit for society and opportunities for the corporate houses, establish robust relationships with communities and contribute toward the development of the state.
Bring together all key stakeholders of the CSR in Maharashtra
“The Maharashtra CSR Summit is an attempt to bring together key stakeholders of the CSR and Social Development sector of Maharashtra in the post-COVID-19 era. This conference will make a pioneering contribution in giving momentum and direction to the programs of social development in the state. The forum will also honour the organizations and leaders for their remarkable contribution to society and state. We invite the social sector, CSR foundations, and the corporate world to be part of the mega thought leadership summit.”, said Rusen Kumar, Founder – India CSR, Convenor – Maharashtra CSR Summit & Awards.
Who should attend?
The Summit is must attending for Companies, Corporate Foundation, NGOs and developmental agencies working in Maharashtra.
To book your ticket at Rs.4999/- (50% Off) visit here. (offer for limited time)
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Channels to stay updated with the latest CSR news and exclusive updates.
By donating to India CSR as you feel moved, you become more than a reader—you become a partner, a co-navigator charting the course for a more enlightened future.