In the wake of the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Essar Foundation has undertaken the following meal and medical initiatives reaching out to communities in need at the grassroot level –
- Commitment to provide 1.25 million (12.5 lakh) meals to communities affected by the COVID-19 outbreak
- Successfully provided 665,000 (6.65 lakh) meals to communities in need across Maharashtra State; including frontline doctors, Mumbai Police Force, slum dwellers, daily wage earners, women with a background of domestic violence and transgenders
- Earmarked 20,000 meals per day to the Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund routed to marginalised and disadvantaged communities
- Commitment to provide over 100,000 medical supplies to frontliners combating COVID-19
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), N-95, 3Ply face masks and hand sanitisers supplied to over 10 Government /Private Hospitals in Mumbai and over 9 police stations across South Mumbai
- Real-time engagement with Government, Semi Government and Non-Government Organisations as well as Corporates at the community level for COVID-19 awareness and prevention campaigns.
“Our efforts have been focussed on reaching out to the most vulnerable communities. Being part of the Government of Maharashtra Corona Control CSR Group, we are able to coordinate directly with the state machinery and work jointly with leading groups. We also have tie-ups with several companies and non-profits to consolidate structured relief efforts by identifying communities and responsibly directing funds. ” said Kaustubh Sonalkar, Group President Human Resource, Essar, and CEO – Essar Foundation.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Channels to stay updated with the latest CSR news and exclusive updates.
By donating to India CSR as you feel moved, you become more than a reader—you become a partner, a co-navigator charting the course for a more enlightened future.