India CSR News Network
NTPC Limited, the India’s largest energy conglomerate with roots planted way back in 1975 to accelerate power development in India, has adopted CSR and Sustainability Policy. Core to the NTPC’s philosophy, CSR has been an integral part of NTPC’s business of power generation and lighting up the lives of millions of Indians. NTPC’s spirit of caring and sharing is embedded in its mission statement. 11 pages CSR and Sustainability Policy provides road map on CSR for NTPC.
Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and safe drinking water are the priority area for the CSR.
A responsible corporate citizen since inception, NTPC envisions, “to be the
world’s largest and best power producer, powering India’s Growth”. It is guided by the mission, “Develop and provide reliable power, related products & services at competitive prices, integrating multiple energy sources with innovative & eco-friendly technologies and contribute to society”.
Committed to inclusive growth and sustainable development with special focus on the communities in the neighborhood of its operations, NTPC has set-out the following Corporate Objectives on CSR & Sustainability.
NTPC endeavors to improve the quality of life in neighborhood community through various community development initiatives under its Initial Community Development (ICD) policy, Rehabilitation & Resettlement (R&R) policy and Policy for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Sustainability.
NTPC’s involvement in community development projects/ CSR covers a diverse range of issues such as basic infrastructure development, education, community health & sanitation, capacity building and gender empowerment. The projects are customised based on specific local requirements and guided by extensive Need Assessment Surveys and consultations through various participative forums like Village Development Advisory Committee, Rehabilitation and Periphery Development Advisory Committee etc. The active participation/engagement and ownership of these initiatives by the local communities is the key to the smooth and successful implementation of these schemes.
Expenditure on CSR by NTPC
|SN||Year||Allocation (Rs. Cr)||Expenditure (Rs. Cr)|
|* Including CSR & Sustainable Development Activities|
- Strive to improve standard of living of society at large, with preference to local and backward areas.
- Promote inclusive growth by focusing on needs of the deprived, under privileged, neglected and weaker sections of the society especially women, girl child, physically challenged and elderly persons.
- Contribute towards clean and sustainable development by protecting &
maintaining the environment (air, soil and water), conserve natural
resources, support biodiversity conservation and promote renewable
- Integrate CSR & Sustainability initiatives with National Development plans
mechanism adopted by NTPC.
- To lead the sector in environment protection including effective ash utilization, peripheral development and energy conversation practices
- To lead the sector in the area of resettlement and rehabilitation
- To contribute to sustainable power development by discharging corporate social responsibility
Download the policy: CSR and Sustainability Policy of NTPC Limited