India CSR News Network
NEW DELHI: 3rd Corporate Social Responsibility Summit is being organization on 11-12 Aug in Bangalore at The Ritz-Carlton, Bengaluru by National HRD Network and Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH). The theme of the summit is focused on Strategizing CSR for Sustainable Development. Dr. H Chaturvedi, Director – BIMTECH, who is the Summit Director informed India CSR today.
The revisions in the Companies Act in India with specific reference to Corporate Social Responsibility has ushered a new era of corporate planning, strategizing and implementation of CSR by companies. It envisions achieving a sustainable, inclusive and just development through collaborative efforts of Business and Government in the country.
The importance of being socially is being recognized by large and small corporations throughout the world. Corporates are aware the being responsible can be effectively employed as a competitive advantage such as enhanced credibility, stakeholder’s engagement and community outreach. With the introduction of the Companies Act 2013, companies with net worth of a least Rs 500 crore or a minimum turnover of Rs 1000 crore or a minimum net profit of Rs 5 Crore are required to constitute CSR Committee dedicated to undertake a mixed spectrum of initiative, such as promoting education, gender equality, women’s empowerment, improving mental health or ensuring environmental sustainable.
With the enforcement of the law, various corporates in India are investing resources for CSR initiative in thematic areas identified in Schedule VII.
The Conference aims to address the following Objectives:
- Explore how Corporate India is strategizing for effective and innovative CSR to meet the challenges of sustainable, inclusive and just development.
- Understand the role of Civil Society organizations in effective implementation, impact measurement and Sustainability of CSR Projects
- Feature exemplary case studies of corporate excellence in CSR & above all Learn, share & network with similar fellow participants
Conference Sub – Theme
- CSR Strategy for a Sustainable, Inclusive and Just Development
- Role of implementing agencies in effective implementation, impact measurement and Sustainability of CSR Projects
- CSR addressing Issues of Sustainable Development: Climate Change with focus on Water, Responsible Supply Chain Case studies demonstrating corporate excellence in CSR
Some of the Speakers Invited
- Mr. K Ramkumar, Executive Director, ICICI Bank & National President NHRDN
- Dr. Huzaifa Khorakiwala, CEO, Wockhardt Foundation
- Mr. Anurag Behar, Chief Sustainability Officer, Wipro Limited & CEO
- Azim Premji Foundation, Mr. Vineet Nayar, Founder, Sampark Foundation
- Mr. Deepak Kumar Hota, CMD, BEML
- Mr. Vijay Rao, Managing Director, Actuant Corporation
- Mr. Anirban Ghosh, Vice President – Sustainability, Mahindra & Mahindra
- Ms. Jyotsna Bhatnagar, CSR Advisor, Castrol India Limited,
- Mr. Arvind Bodhankar, Global Head- Health,Safety, Environment & Chief Sustainability Officer, Tata Motors
- Ms. Kshitija Krishnaswamy, Director-Corporate Citizenship, Accenture India
- Ms. Dipanwita Chakraborty, Corporate Affairs, Cargill
- Mr. Rajendra Singh, Water Conservationist
- Ms. Shubha Sekhar, Director – CSR & Sustainability for India and South West India BU, Coca – Cola
- Ms. Kanika Vaish, Associate Director Emerson Electric Co
- Ms. Susmita Malik, Global CSR Leader, Genpact
- Mr. Pooran Chandra Pandey, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network India
- Mr. Bhaskar Chatterjee, Director General & CEO, IICA
- Mr. Ramesh Kumar Sahijwani, Vice President – CSR, Iffco Tokio General Insurance Co.Ltd.
- Dr. Vineeta Dutta Roy, Associate Professor and Lead Corporate Social Responsibility, BIMTECH
- Mr. Parul Soni, Global Managing Partner, Thinkthrough Consulting
- Mr. Alok Misra, ED- Chief HRD ONGC
- Mr. Ritesh Sinha, Director CSR, DLF Limited
- Mr. Navdeep Singh Mehram, Head Sustainability United Spirits
- Ms. Sudha Murthy, Chairperson, Infosys Foundation
- Mr. Arun Maira, Management Consultant & Former Member, Planning Commission of India
- Mr. Kiran Karnik, Director – Central Board of Directors, Reserve Bank of India.
Administrative Details: For registrations, queries & sponsorship contact
- Priyavansh Singh, firstname.lastname@example.org, 9953744398
- Nandan Singh, email@example.com, 9999155865
National HRD Network – National Secretariate, C-81-C, DLF Super Mart -1, DLF City, Phase – IV, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana