MUMBAI: India CSR Network hosted the 5th Annual India CSR Leadership Summit & Awards in Mumbai on Friday, May 26, 2017. CSR Authors and journalists honoured at the mega forum.
It is worth mentioning that India CSR Network, the world’s leading newswire on Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility (CSR), established India CSR Author Awards in the year 2016 to honor the authors and journalists for their outstanding contributions to the domain of Corporate Social Responsibility in contemporary India.
Below listed Authors honoured this year for recent contribution:
- Nayan Mitra and Dr. Rene Schmidpeter honoured with ‘India CSR Author Award’ for authoring/editing ‘Corporate Social Responsibility in India: Cases and Developments after the Legal Mandate,’ 2016.
- Prof. V Reddappa Reddy and Dr. C Dheeraja honoured with ‘India CSR Author Award’ for authoring ‘Six Essential Steps in Implementing CSR,’ 2017.
- Maheswar Sahu and Jeevan Prakash Mohanty honoured with ‘India CSR Author Award’ for ‘Small But Meaningful: CSR in Practice’ (2015)
- CA Bimal R Bhatt honoured with ‘India CSR Author Award’ for ‘Indian Corporate Citizenship’ (Case Study on CSR)’, 2016
It is first of its kind of Awards that recognize CSR authors and journalists in CSR space. Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility (CSR) is a popular subject of research these days in the country. Many researchers and authors are exploring this vast field of study and adding to the existing literature as an outcome of their empirical and experiential research findings. In the recent years, some excellent books have been authored by the researchers and academicians. The CSR journals and magazines are also being published by the passionate journalists which has helped in making CSR popular and widely discussed subject.
India CSR believes that knowledge articulated in the CSR literature (Books, Journals, Magazines, and Portals) will add value to ever growing knowledge on CSR and help in establishing it as a key profession for the social change and transformation.
“The awards to honor the outstanding contributions by the authors, academicians and journalists will go a long way to motivate the modern professionals and professionals in generations to come to contribute to the domain of academic writing, journalism, research, publications and the general CSR practice.”– Dr. Rana Singh, Co-Founder, India CSR Network.
“The India CSR group has been committed to acknowledge the sincere contributions and excellence achieved by the Authors, Academicians and Journalists. The objective of India CSR awards to honor authors and journalists is to provide a momentum and catalytic boost to the race of intellectual contribution, knowledge creation, research and practice by the authors, academicians and journalists to make India a global thought and practice leader in the domain of CSR.” – Rusen Kumar, Founder and Managing Editor, India CSR Network.
The overall objective of India CSR Awards is to offer higher visibility to excellent innovative practices in the field of CSR and to share and disseminate such inspiring information across India and rest of the globe. India CSR also encourages various enterprises to integrate with their stakeholders to meet their social responsibilities in better and efficient manner with a focus on maximizing productivity of resources and in enhancing the overall impact on stakeholders.
India CSR Awards acknowledge the noble contributions that are raising benchmarks by bringing radical and transformational initiatives in the development arena through innovation and excellence.
In its endeavour to promote reporting and communication in the CSR domain, India CSR – India’s largest Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility media house, has been organizing numerous global forums, Management Development Programmes (MDPs), workshops and case study competitions to recognize and honor the CSR best practices. India CSR has high level of recognition in the domain of CSR globally.
Last year, 2016, below listed CSR Authors and journalists honoured at the function:
- Rajesh Tiwari, CSR Today Magazine
- Huzaifa Khorakiwala, Vijay Kapur and Dr. Enaskshi Sengupta for Essentials in Corporate Social Responsibility (2010)
- Dr M Koteswara Rao, Shri D Murli Dhar, Shri PSN Murthy for ‘Corporate Social Responsibility and Public Libraries’ ( 2011)
- Ajith K N for Corporate & Social Responsibility (2011)
- Suresh Kr Pramar for CR Biz
- Dr. Rupal Tyagi for Corporate Social Responsibility Analysing Performance in India (2015)
- Harsha Mukherjee for Sustainable CSR – CSR Basics (2016)
- M G Prakash Reddy for Corporate Social Focus magazine
- Dr Manoj Fogla for Handbook on CSR for Corporate & NPOs (2015)
- Amit Upadhyay for TheCSRJournal.in
- Saurabh Mittal for Editor CSR & Competitiveness (2012)
- Atula Imchen, Executive Editor for CSR Mandate
Prestigious and one of the largest CSR forum for the year 2017, the India CSR Leadership Summit & Awards was recently organized at Mumbai on May 26, 2017. The day long forum witnessed politician, social reformers, corporate leaders, CSR think tanks, academia and professionals of allied fields of CSR and social development. India CSR Awards is one of the prestigious recognitions that honours the outstanding and innovative CSR, Sustainability and Social enterprise projects and recognises leadership in CSR. The platform recognises individuals, organisations, corporates and projects that have made phenomenal impact to the society.
- India CSR Awards acknowledge the noble contributions that are raising benchmarks by bringing radical and transformational initiatives in the development arena through innovation and excellence.