NEW DELHI: The prestigious ‘India CSR Women CSR Leadership Award’ was conferred upon Ms. Anupam Nidhi, Head CSR, Reliance Group for her outstanding contribution in strategizing large scale CSR projects. The honour was presented at National Summit on Best Practices in CSR: Learning and Future Ahead on March 3, 2017, organised by India CSR Group at Asia-Pacific Institute of Management New Delhi.
Anupam Nidhi delivered her key note address to CSR fraternity attending the summit. While addressing Nidhi emphasised on urgently need of partnership working model of CSR implementation. Working in collaborations can bring change at community level. Summit also witnessed the launch of book titled Best practice in CSR: Learning and future ahead edited by Rusen Kumar, Prof Saurabh Mittal and Dr Rana Singh, a collection of case studies on contemporary CSR projects.
Rusen Kumar, Founder & Editor, India CSR Network along with Anurag Batra, Chairman & Editor in Chief – BW Businessworld; Dr BS Sahay, Director, IIM Raipur; Dr. S.P. Chauhan (Professor and Dean (Executive Education), Asia-Pacific Institute of Management and Dr KK Upadhyay, former head of FICCI Aditya Birla CSR Centre for Excellence and Prof. Saurabh Mittal honoured her with ‘India CSR Women CSR Leadership Award’. The summit was attended by CSR heads, domain experts and academicians representing more than 60 organizations.
Rusen Kumar, Founder & Editor of India CSR said, “The India CSR Women CSR Leadership Awardis a recognition to her stellar work and an appreciation to her outstanding impact in sustainable development. India CSR has deep respect to our CSR leaders who are contributing in shaping the CSR ecosystem.”
Dr Rana Singh, Co-founder, India CSR said, “Women are full of values. Anupam Nidhi is packed with knowledge and humbleness. Her commitment to people upliftment proved that women could do better. Women empowerment is required everywhere at every level even in CSR world.”
“It is indeed a happy moment for India CSR to acknowledge Ms. Anupam Nidhi for her outstanding development work.”, Dr Rana Singh further added.
Anupam Nidhi is a versatile development professional with grass root experience in the areas of micro finance, employability and environment. Nidhi is equally competent to drive businesses across Project Management, Crisis Management and Entrepreneurship Development. Her rank of heading CSR and tenure with Reliance Group speaks great volumes of her command over CSR and other allied areas. She has traversed her influence across advisory, strategic planning and execution. She’s a CSR strategist with great understanding of brazen realities.
While receiving the honour Ms Nidhi said, “This Award is great honour which brings big responsibility to me. The inspiration helps me personally to continue the efforts with even more fervour.”
India CSR has also awarded Dr. (Prof.) B S Sahay (Director, IIM Raipur) with ‘India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award’ for his outstanding contribution to CSR space.
During the summit, following organizations were also felicitated with ‘India CSR Awards’ for their significant contributions to the society:
India CSR Awards
- Bharti Foundation honoured with ‘India CSR Awards (Corporate)’ for its Satya Bharti School Program a Decade of Delivering Joyful Education.
- Shri Jagdamba Samiti, Rishikesh honoured with ‘India CSR Awards (NGO)’ for changing the lives of farmers with agro based livelihood arrangements.
- Buddy4Study honoured with India CSR Awards (Social Enterprise) for its remarkable contribution in helping students to achieve their dreams by providing scholarship search engine.
On the occasion case studies were discussed at the summit and judged by the esteemed jury chaired by Anupam Nidhi, Group head CSR, Reliance Group. The below mentioned case studies were honoured with ‘India CSR Award of Appreciation’ for innovative CSR practice and impact to the society.
- Nand Ghar: Building a New India a Project by Vedanta Limited;
- Networked Society as CSR: The Baank-e-loom Project by Ericsson India;
- Uttam Gram an Integrated & Holistic Village Development Project by AROH Foundation;
- Mosquitoes and us Godrej Consumer Products Limited (GCPL);
- Mobile 1000: an initiative of Wockhardt Fondation;
- Renewing Fresh Hope in Neonatal Care Hand in Project by Hand in Hand India;
- Revolutionizing the Education Practical Learning Solutions by Stem Learning and
- Improving Maternal & Child Health Services Project by Hand in Hand India;
- India’s Unfiltered Story Lifestraw by Vester Guard;
- The Satya Bharti School Program: A Decade of Delivering Joyful Education by Bharti Foundation;
- CSR Backed Community RO Plants Providing Safe Drinking Water on Affordable Terms;
- Water ATM – Water Vending Machine by Synergy Solar.
This year’s theme for the India CSR Awards is ‘Celebrating Innovation and Leadership in CSR’. India CSR Awards have been instituted to recognize the innovative CSR Practices in India. India CSR Awards is one of the highest recognition honoring the outstanding and innovative CSR, Sustainability and Social Enterprise Projects and leadership in CSR.
In the vote of thanks, Prof. Saurabh Mittal thanked the corporate leaders for supporting the initiative of India CSR and Asia Pacific Institute of Management, the invited guests for their valuable participation and jury members comprising of senior CSR experts for making the event a grand success.