You are a social organisation and seeking CSR Funding then it is mandatory for you to get registered with MCA by filing Form CSR-1 as soon as possible.
Form CSR-1 is a registration form for getting CSR funding by implementing agencies from the corporates. The Form CSR-1 is termed as Form for “Registration of Entities for undertaking CSR Activities”.
The Form mainly consists of two parts, first part is relating to the information about the entity who intends to undertake CSR activities. Second part of Form CSR-1 is certification by practicing professional.
On successful submission of Form CSR-1, a unique CSR Registration Number shall be generated by system automatically to applying organization.
April 2021 onwards, every entity, covered under sub-rule (1), who intends to undertake any CSR activity, shall register itself with the Central Government by filing the Form CSR-1 electronically with the Registrar.
As per Notification issued by Ministry of Corporate Affairs dated 22nd January 2021, from April 1, 2021 CSR Funding will be released only to that NGOs, that are registered with MCA by filing Form CSR-1.
Following type of NGO’s are eligible to file Form CSR-1 on MCA Portal for getting CSR Funding:
1. a company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or a registered society, registered under section 12A and 80 G of the Income Tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), established by the company, either singly or along with any other company, or
2. a company established under section 8 of the Act or a registered trust or a registered society, established by the Central Government or State Government; or
3. any entity established under an Act of Parliament or a State legislature; or
4. a company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or a registered society, registered under section 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, and having an established track record of at least three years in undertaking similar activities
Form CSR-1 is to be signed digitally by the authorised person of NGO and a practising professional.
The Professional may be Chartered Accountant/ Company Secretary/ Cost Accountant who is in whole time practising, so NGOs cannot directly file Form CSR-1, they have to approach the professional for filing Form CSR-1.
Following documents are required for filing Form CSR-1:
1. Copy of PAN Card of the NGO
2. Mail ID and Mobile Number
3. Details of Governing Body Members
4. Copy of Registration Certificate
5. Digital Signature of the Authorised Person with his PAN Number