Entrepreneur, author and thought leader on CSR and Sustainability
Rusen Kumar is a visionary knowledge entrepreneur, author and thought leader on Corporate Social Responsibility. He is well-known personality in the world of CSR and known for his dedication towards Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility. He is the founder of India CSR Network (indiacsr.in), a leading network for corporate responsibility and sustainability in India. He has established various national and international forums on CSR, Sustainability and Social Issues.
He is among the few leaders who have been actively involved in promoting and spreading awareness on Corporate Social Responsibility and allied issues for almost a decade through numerous interventions. He has been conferred with the prestigious CSR Person of the Year Award, 2017 by Karunya University and Giving Economy Changemaker Awards 2018 by Crowdera Foundation for promoting CSR in India. He has also been recognised as a Global Thought Leader on CSR by Germany based Future2Day (future2day.org).
He brings an understanding of governance, leadership development, social development, human development, and strategic focus by serving for-profit and not-for-profit boards and as an advisor to chief executive officers and executive management members. His leadership accomplishments in social enterprise, planning, and governance range from viable achievements in knowledge forum initiatives to advancement of corporate social responsibility issues in India.
He has travelled the length and breadth of the country to understand and learn from the people and society. He has two books to his credit. Books are – ‘Thoughts, Views and Quotes on CSR’ (English’) 2019 and कब पढ़ेंगे आप ‘When Will You Read’ (Hindi) 2019. His more than 6 books are under publication.
- Founder and Managing Editor – India CSR Network
- Managing Director – CSR India Corporate Social Services Pvt. Ltd
- Chhattisgarh State Head/Co-ordinator – Dr. Ambedkar Chamber of Commerce &
- Chhattisgarh State Head/Co-ordinator – Forum of SC and ST Legislators & Parliamentarians (Regd.)
- Founder & Editor – CSR & COMPETITIVESS, Monthly
- Founder – Giving Back India CSR Leadership Summit
- Founder – India CSR Leadership Awards
- Founder – Charkha Dialogue
- Founder – India Sanitation Summit
- Founder – Dr. Velega Memorial Awards for Library Professionals
- Samagra – Samagra Empowerment Foundation, a non-profit organization working in the field of sanitation and human dignity, having goal of impacting over 100 Million urban poor in the next 10 years.
- Cricket Association for the Blind of Maharashtra (CABM), which promote and organize cricket for the blind in the State of Maharashtra under Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) which is affiliated to World Blind Cricket Council (WBC).
- 9th Aarogya Film Festival 2019, Pune
- Member – Incubation Council, Sanskriti University Incubation Centre, Sanskriti University, Mathura
- India Team Member – Humanistic Management Network India Chapter
- CSR Person of the Year Award: For outstanding contribution to the promotion of Corporate Social Responsibility. Dr. Paul Dhinakarn– Chancellor of Karunya University and Dr. Chandan Mitra – Former MP (Rajyasabha) and editor and MD of Pioneer Newspaper honoured at India International CSR Conclave & Awards, New Delhi on May 11, 2017.
- Giving Economy Changemaker Awards 2018 by Crowdera Foundation for promoting CSR in India.
- Recognised as Global Thought Leader on CSR by Germany based Future2Day (future2day.org).
- CAF India – Give2Asia Media Fellowship Programme, 2015