RAIPUR: The Farm Equipment Sector of Mahindra & Mahindra, Ltd. (M&M), one of the world’s top tractor brands and the market leader in the Indian tractor industry, has received 19,714 nominations from farmers across India for its prestigious Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards 2012. As many as 1098 nominations were received from Chhattisgarh. The wide network of Mahindra dealerships have helped to create awareness, resulting in several nominations from farmers. The previous year, which was also the first year of the Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards, saw 14,614 farmer nominations from across the country.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Sanjeev Goyle, Senior Vice President, Marketing and AppliTrac, Farm Equipment Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., said, “We are delighted to have received this overwhelming response from farmers across the country and especially from farmers in Chhattisgarh. Now in its second year, Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards 2012 is a part of our overall focus on delivering FarmTech Prosperity. Going forward, we will continue to create higher benchmarks for the agricultural community, under the aegis of Mahindra Samriddhi.”
The esteemed jury members will screen the shortlisted nominations and select winners. The winners will be felicitated at the awards ceremony to be held in Delhi on February 21, 2012.
Mr. Bharat Kshetrapal from Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, won the National Award – Krishi Samrat Samman 2011 and Mr. Shri Kant Gowardhan, from Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, won the Krishak Samrat Samman 2011(Regional Award – North) last year at Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards 2011 for their remarkable achievements in the field of Agriculture.
The Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards is an extension of the company’s Mahindra Samriddhi initiative which aims to enhance agricultural productivity through innovative farming technologies, thereby leading to an increase in rural prosperity. As part of this concept, several Mahindra dealerships have been transformed into Samriddhi Centres, offering the farmer easy access to technological know-how, hybrid seeds, soil and water testing facilities, demo farms, finance and insurance, internet updates and sales and servicing of tractors and implements.
The Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards 2012 will be presented in the following seven categories:
1. Mahindra Samriddhi Farmer of the Year Award (Male): Recognition for Farmers who have been instrumental in driving innovation by leveraging modern technology in agriculture, thus changing the agriculture scenario in their region
2. Mahindra Samriddhi Farmer of the Year Award (Woman): Recognition for lady farmers who have broken established stereotypes, to be instrumental in driving innovation by leveraging modern technology in agriculture, thus changing the agriculture scenario in their region
3. Krishi Yuva Samman: Recognition for young farmers (18 – 30 years) who at an early age have been instrumental in driving innovation by leveraging modern technology in agriculture, thus changing the agriculture scenario in their region
4. Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Sansthan Samman: Recognition for Public Sector organizations committed to a broad policy on agriculture that has become instrumental in changing the lives of hundreds of farmers
5. Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Shiksha Samman: Recognition for Agriculture Universities who have made a noteworthy contribution in the field of agriculture, impacting the lives of Indian farmers
6. Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Sahyog Samman (NGOs /SHGs working in field of Agriculture): Recognition for NGOs / SHGs for purposeful contributions in the field of agriculture, thus impacting the lives of farmers
7. Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Shiromani Samman (Lifetime Achievement): Recognition for lifetime achievement in the field of Agriculture; presented to a renowned personality in the agri space whose contribution is recognized at national and international levels
Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Awards 2012 nominations were also received from its Facebook page Rise & Smile
( http://www.facebook.com/riseNsmile ) which has a fan base of more than 17000 people.
For further information, please visit www.mahindra.com
Connect with us on www.facebook.com/mahindragroup