IMUMBAI: Infosys has released its ESG Report 2020-21. Further to the launch of the Infosys ESG Vision and Goals 2030, the ESG report presents efforts made and progress achieved by the company in delivering on its commitments.
It articulates how Infosys is focusing on shaping and sharing solutions to reimagine humanity’s digital future into a shared reality that everyone can adapt to with ease and benefit from equitably.
The report forms the basis of the company’s Communication on Progress (CoP) with the UN Global Compact (UNGC). The disclosures also showcase the maturity of Infosys’ sustainability management system and reporting practices that address the growing interest and expectations of the company’s global stakeholders across environmental, social and governance domains.
Key highlights of Infosys ESG Report 2020-21 are:
Infosys’ continued advocacy in climate action comprises action related to low-carbon transition, water, and waste management. The company launched its Sustainable Business Practice to engage clients on climate actions through its solutions.
Additionally, the company partnered with thought leaders to enable policy reform, collaborated with academia to promote research in sustainable technologies and publish its work for awareness and wider adoption.
- Infosys is Carbon neutral across Scope 1,2,3 emissions in fiscal FY21
- ~50% of the company’s electricity needs in India is met through renewables
- The company reduced 84.5% of its absolute Scope 3 emissions
- Infosys completed 20+ projects helping clients combat climate change through business-driven IT solutions around CCUS, energy storage, next-generation innovative and sustainable products and services, renewables, energy efficiency, brown field modernization and transformation, clean energy generation and trading, as well as electric mobility
Infosys is working to develop solutions to enable and empower employees, the institutions the company partners with and the community for better lives and equitably shared opportunities. Technology has been Infosys’ go-to means to achieve such shared progress.
- 2.02 mn users are learning on Infosys Wingspan platform
- >80 mn lives are empowered through the company’s many Tech for Good initiatives
- Infosys workforce is comprised of 38.6% women
- 96.5% of the company’s employees are working remotely to avoid the health risks of the pandemic
- Infosys is among Top employers and Great Place to Work — Top Employers Global 2021 certification in 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North America. Infosys received the Great Place to Work® certification in India and the US, and ranking by Fortune among the Best Big Companies to Work For™ 2021 in the US
Infosys made significant progress working to define new standards of action and lead the way with focus on corporate policies and compliance standards throughout its value chain and across the industry.
- The Infosys Board is comprised of 22% women
- The proportion of spending on local suppliers (in India) was nearly 71% in the year.
- Infosys has been recognized as one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies
- Infosys is among the first few organizations globally, to have its data privacy compliance framework certified with ISO 27701 privacy information management standard