The Kolkata based Ananta Seva Foundation has launched VidyaSeva Scholarship programme for the girl students from weaker income families. The programme is meant for meritorious girl students of Class 8 to Class 12 and proposes to cover Tuition, Cost of books etc. up to a certain amount every year.
Commenting on the programme, Kaushik Sinha, Director, Ananta Seva Foundation said,” The school dropout rate between Class 8 to 12 for the girl students is significantly high in India. We wish to work in this area to help students pursue their dream and not drop out due to financial stress. We will select 100 girl students in the first year, support them financially and mentor them through our members, many of whom are in academics. The scholarship is open to Indian students from any state. We wish to support them for a period (renewable) till they complete their Plus 2 Boards.”
1. Student should have scored a minimum 60% marks in the prev. year’s annual Exam
2. Student should be from economically weaker section, with a maximum Family income of Rs 6000 per month
3. Student with single parent will be given priority
Documents needed with application:
1. A handwritten letter introducing herself ( in English/ Hindi) and the family
2. Copy of Address Proof – Aadhaar Card
3. Copy of School I Card (prev. year)
4. Copy of Prev. year mark sheet
5. Income proof of the parent
6. Letter from School recommending selection of the candidate
Applicants can send their request to firstname.lastname@example.org or send documents by whatsapp to 7596027270.
Application process is open from 2nd April till 31st May 2021
About Ananta Seva: Ananta Seva Foundation is a Section 8, Not for Profit based in Kolkata. It works in Disaster Relief, Education, Health and Rural Development areas and since inception, has helped nearly 3000 families in rural Bengal lead a life of dignity.