MUMBAI: India CSR Network, one of the world’s popular CSR Newswire, has honoured Akbar Khan with Lifetime Achievement Award for his outstanding contribution to cinema and serving the nation at mega India CSR Leadership Summit & Awards held on May 26, 2017 at Mumbai in the presence of more than 350 CSR and business leaders.
Akbar Khan also address the large gathering and shared his thoughts and views on socio-political environment of the country.
Akbar Khan is a great personality, both on screen and off screen, with penchant for realism. Mr. Khan is an embodiment of care, love and giving. He represents the true spirit of creativity and charisma. He has been instrumental in making the space creative, colorful and competitive. His achievements and success are remarkable and beyond words.
On the occasion of celebrating CSR Innovation & Leadership, India CSR is extremely delighted to confer ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ and wishes Akbar Khan a good health and competitive success in the coming days.
While receiving the honour Akbar Khansaid, “I am happy to accept the lifetime achievement award. My humble thanks to India CSR Group and its Leaders. This award bringing greater responsibility for me and my new role for the serving society. I strongly believe in the core values of giving back to society because contributing to the society means bringing positive impact for the society. The award is a great recognition and provides important impetus to continue the work for the society.”
The journey of Akbar Khan Films is a legendary and inspirational journey that started with the dream of one man to create movies that touch lives, inspire and entertain. It is a story of inspiration and passion.
Akbar Khan started his film journey at the age of 15, working with renowned film maker Mohan Bijlanani as his junior most assistant director. He started as a young boy who would dust the sets. His perseverance, dedication and passion has today brought him to such great heights.
Since then, he has created blockbusters like “Haadsaa”, epic series like “The Sword of Tipu Sultan” and “Akbar The Great” and National Award Winners that have been admired by Royalty, World Leaders, Presidents, Business Tycoons like the Mangum Opus – “Taj Mahal… an eternal love story”.
Speaking at the occasion, Rusen Kumar, Founder and Managing Editor, India CSR Network, said, “my congratulations to Akbar Khan for the honor. He has the rare distinction of having shown us the path towards creating better society to live.”
Other award recipients and honorees included:
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Media) to Shri Abhishek Karnani, Director, Free Press Group of Newspapers
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Agriculture) to Ashis Mondal, Director, Action for Social Advancement (ASA), Bhopal
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Film and Society) to Shri Akbar Khan, Veteran Actor, Writer, Director, Producer, Chairman & Managing Director of Abraiz Petrochemicals Pvt Ltd
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Medical) to Dr. Ramesh Badlani, Chairman, Modern Dental College & Research Centre, Indore
- India CSR Honours Mohini Daljeet Singh with CSR Person of the Year Award 2017
- India CSR Leadership Award to Shri Manu Lavanya, MD, Brillio Technologies
- India CSR Leadership Award to Shri Roberto Taiariol – CSR Head and Chief Audit Executive, Benetton Group
- India CSR Leadership Award to Shri DK Mehta, Unit Head, JK Lakshmi Cement Limited, Durg
- India CSR Humanity Award to Sir Dr. Huz, CEO, Wockhardt Foundation
- India CSR Green Leadership Award to Dr. CBS Sengar, Head Environment Management, Bhushan Steel
- India CSR Professional of the Year Awards to Shri Rushin Patel, CSR, HDFC Bank Limited
- India CSR Professional of the Year Awards to Shri Yashwant Kumar, Head CSR, Mahan Aluminium
- CSR Authors Awards to Nayan Mitra, Dr Rane Schmidpeter, Dr. V Reddappa Reddy, Dr C Dheeraja, Shri Maheswar Sahu, Jeevan Prakash Mohanty, CA Bimal R Bhatt
- India CSR Dr. Velaga Memorial for Innovative Library Services to Dr. Rishi Tiwari, Librarian, BIMTECH Greater Noida