IndiaCSR News Network
Thiruvananthapuram: ICT Academy of Kerala (ICTAK) and Oracle have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to implement Oracle Academy’s computer science programs across 60 institutes in the state of Kerala over the next two years. As part of this initiative, Oracle Academy software curriculum, hosted technology, training, support and certification resources are expected to be made available to students and faculty. Additionally, 120 faculty members are scheduled to undergo training to help put 6000 students on the pathway to future IT careers.
- Oracle and ICT Academy of Kerala (ICTAK) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to integrate Oracle Academy curriculum into the educational programs of the state’s colleges to inspire the next generation of technology professionals and help prepare them for careers in IT.
- Under the MoU, Oracle intends to facilitate the delivery of Oracle Academy curriculum to 120 faculty members over the next two years – with these teachers set to reach as many as 6000 students from 60 institutes from Kerala state.
- Oracle will facilitate a ‘train-the-trainer’ course to ramp up faculty representatives as instructors for six courses, including Creating Java Programs with Greenfoot, Java Fundamentals, Java Programming, Database Design, Database Programming with SQL, and Programming with PL/SQL. Once trained and certified, this faculty is expected to use the Oracle Academy infrastructure to train other faculty members.
- Oracle Academy is Oracle’s flagship program in education philanthropy, providing education institutions worldwide with software, curriculum, support, and certification resources that faculty can integrate into their classrooms. Through hands-on experience with current technologies, students develop skills that can help them be successful in the modern workforce
- Today, more than 2.2 million students in 96 countries benefit from Oracle Academy. In India, Oracle Academy programs supports more than 240,000 students at more than 1300 educational institutions.
- “Oracle Academy has been dedicated in our mission to extend the reach of computer science education to students across the world, including in India,” said Krishna Sistla, Senior Director, Oracle Academy, Oracle Asia Pacific and Japan. “Access to good computer science education is a defining 21st century social issue, and with the help of Oracle Academy’s programs, students of Kerala can enhance their knowledge and build relevant industry expertise for job opportunities in the field of Information Technology and other industries that benefits from IT.”
- “The core objective of ICT Academy of Kerala is to improve employability skills amongst students,” said Santhosh Kurup, CEO, ICT Academy of Kerala. “Our aim is to prepare students of higher education to face the competitive world by equipping them with high quality course content and skilled teachers. We are excited to work with Oracle in delivering Oracle Academy curriculum to our students and teachers, and believe this educational foundation will help prepare our students for today’s workforce.”
- Oracle Academy
- ICT Academy of Kerala
- Connect with the Oracle Academy on Facebook and on Twitter