MUMBAI: Recognizing his efforts and outstanding contribution for the betterment of the society and his great passion to serve humanity, Sir Dr. Huz (Dr. Huzaifa Khorakiwala), Trustee & CEO of Wockhardt Foundation has been honored with CSR Humanity Award at India CSR summit recently held in Mumbai on May 26, 2017.
Sir Dr. Huz possesses great human qualities that exhibit gratitude, forgiveness, love, humility, giving, patience and truth. He has received this award for his versatile personality and his significant contributions as a philanthropist, author, orator, peacekeeper and a social worker.
Expressing himself on the occasion, Sir Dr. Huz, said, “I accept the award on behalf of my warriors. I thank the organizers and the jury members for the award. Serving humanity is my passion and will continue doing it as every smile counts for me.”
Sir Dr. Huz has touched millions of lives through various initiatives like Swachh Bharat Recycle Machine, Little Hearts, Pronto Toilet, Pronto Bio-Toilet, E-Learning, Khel Khel Mein, Wockhardt Skills Development Institute, SHUDHU water purification tablets and Adarsh Gram Yojana, Mobile 1000. The impact created is positive, effective and successful in providing quality health, education, sanitation services to the needy section of the society.
INDIACSR is the leading and only Indian business network for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) dedicated to making significant contributions by adding new dimensions and perspectives to the domain of CSR and Sustainability.
Wockhardt Foundation is a national, not-for-profit organization engaged in social service and human welfare activities. Its 19 programmes have made perceptible change in its areas of operations to the lives of the underprivileged. Mobile 1000, its flagship programme, aims at operating 1000 Mobile Health Vans in rural India and administering free primary healthcare to 2.5 million Indians every year. As of date, there are 100 Mobile 1000 Vans operating in 18 states and doing yeoman service to rural India.
Its other programmes like Little Hearts, Pronto Toilet, Pronto Bio-Toilet, E-Learning, Khel Khel Mein, Wockhardt Skills Development Institute, SHUDHU water purification tablets and Adarsh Gram Yojana have made significant impact and it continues to expand its social coverage in areas where the need is the most. Says it’s Trustee & CEO, Sir Dr. Huz -“Wockhardt Foundation operates its social programmes based on the 3 B’s – Big, Best and Bold. The Big ensures scale, the Best ensures quality and the Bold ensures need.” Wockhardt Foundation is governed by a simple philosophy -“where every smile counts”.
Other award recipients and honorees included:
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Media) to Abhishek Karnani, Director, Free Press Group of Newspapers
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Agriculture) to Ashis Mondal, Director, Action for Social Advancement (ASA), Bhopal
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Film and Society) to Shri Akbar Khan, Veteran Actor, Writer, Director, Producer, Chairman & Managing Director of Abraiz Petrochemicals Pvt Ltd
- India CSR Lifetime Achievement Award (Medical) to Dr. Ramesh Badlani, Chairman, Modern Dental College & Research Centre, Indore
- India CSR Honours Mohini Daljeet Singh with CSR Person of the Year Award 2017
- India CSR Leadership Award to Shri Manu Lavanya, MD, Brillio Technologies
- India CSR Leadership Award to Shri Roberto Taiariol – CSR Head and Chief Audit Executive, Benetton Group
- India CSR Leadership Award to Shri DK Mehta, Unit Head, JK Lakshmi Cement Limited, Durg
- India CSR Humanity Award to Sir Dr. Huz, CEO, Wockhardt Foundation
- India CSR Green Leadership Award to Dr. CBS Sengar, Head Environment Management, Bhushan Steel
- India CSR Professional of the Year Awards to Shri Rushin Patel, CSR, HDFC Bank Limited
- India CSR Professional of the Year Awards to Shri Yashwant Kumar, Head CSR, Mahan Aluminium
- CSR Authors Awards to Nayan Mitra, Dr Rane Schmidpeter, Dr. V Reddappa Reddy, Dr C Dheeraja, Shri Maheswar Sahu, Jeevan Prakash Mohanty, CA Bimal R Bhatt
- India CSR Dr. Velaga Memorial for Innovative Library Services to Dr. Rishi Tiwari, Librarian, BIMTECH Greater Noida