India CSR News Network
NEW DELHI: India CSR, the world’s leading newswire on Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility (CSR) will honor a visionary leader for their outstanding contributions to the domain of Corporate Social Responsibility in contemporary India. The person who has been immensely contributing to the CSR will be awarded with India CSR Person of the Year Award at India CSR Awards – Recognizing CSR Innovation and Leadership annually.
Nomination Requirements and Criteria
The India CSR Person of the Year will recognise and promote individual who has made a significant contributions to Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility or in the social development with Corporate partnership over a sustained period of time.
The CSR Person of the Year is India’s most prestigious CSR award to an individual/Nominee who has:
- An established history of distinguished service or leadership;
- Demonstrated a consistent track record of significant and original basic and applied research contributions in the area of CSR;
- Made a lasting contribution to the CSR practice;
- Exhibited leadership and provided inspiration to others in the sector;
- Positively influenced CSR at a state, national or international level;
- An excellent record of publications including peer-reviewed journal papers, review articles and/or book writing.
The CSR Person of the Year is an individual award in recognition of a person’s outstanding contributions the CSR sector. These contributions may be an innovation, new knowledge, or ways to improve professional practice. Importantly, the contributions should be above and beyond the everyday and have had a long lasting impact in the Indian CSR.
- A plaque.
- This award can only be received once.
- The CSR Person of the Year Award to be presented annually at the mega function.
Nominees should have
- Made a positive impact on the CSR sector
- 15 years, or more, of sustained service to the CSR
- Earned recognition by other industry, training, education or employer groups;
- The respect of professional peers
- General acknowledgement as having reached a pinnacle of their profession or business;
- Demonstrated, over an extended period of time a contribution which has included either research, achievement, professional leadership and service to the CSR community
- Personal integrity.
- Other Prestigious awards won recently.
- Need to be currently working in CSR sector to be eligible for this award; and
- Should be permanent residents of India
Selection of the nominee is made on the basis of the candidate’s significant, fundamental contributions to the CSR sector (whether in research, leadership, mentorship, writting or other); the lasting impact of these contributions to the sector; and the demonstration of a lifetime commitment to CSR.
Preparing the application
Section A: Overview
- Provide a short overview of the person, his/her achievements and the reason for the nomination.
Section B: Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria
- Criterion 1: History of Service in CSR
- Criterion 2: Significant contribution and positive influence on the CSR sector
- Criterion 3: Leadership
Addressing the criteria
- Criterion 1: History of service
The nominee’s history of service/contribution to the CSR sector – in particular, positions of leadership the nominee has held such as on the boards or as chair of committees. Any other known history, such as participation on committees and workgroups, and any examples of the nominee representing CSR sector.
- Criterion 2: Significant contribution and positive impact on the CSR profession/sector
The nominee’s significant contribution(s) to the advancement of Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility practice, including teaching or training positions or programs, awards or recognition from professional or industry groups and institutions, innovative approaches to issues. How will the nominee’s story inspire others to aim higher standards in their work or to raise the communities’ perception of the CSR sector?
- Criterion 3: Leadership
The nominee’s leadership in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility including, but not limited to, positively influencing policy or practice on a state, national or international level. This may include Government committees and workgroups, advocacy, senior positions, other training, mentoring or committee participation. How have they “made a difference” in some way?
Nomination packet should include:
- Each nomination should be supported by a letter of nomination, the nominee’s resume, and two letters of recommendation letters from the leaders representing various sectors, that speak to the nominee’s distinction.
- Nomination letter including statement of commitment to support the award and future endeavours;
- Letter of nomination: The letter of nomination should include the name, address, email/ website and daytime telephone number of the nominee; the name, address, email / website daytime telephone number, and signature of the nominator; and the names and contact details of the authors of letters of recommendation.
- The nominee’s resume should detail education; work experience; service at the district, state, national, and international level; publications; talks at conferences; and service to professional organizations.
Leaders may nominate themselves or be nominated by a friend or a fan. Any individual, organization or company may nominate.
This award can only be received once a year. An application/nomination must be submitted to the awards committee by September 30, 2017 of the application award year. Nomination packages are valid for two years.
No nomination or entry fee is required.
India CSR House, 222, Krishn Vatika, Church Road, Boirdadar, Raigarh-Chhattisgarh-496001, India E: email@example.com
© CSR India Corporate Social Services Private Limited