Goddess Kaalratri: The seventh day of Navratri 2023 is devoted to Goddess Kaalratri, a fierce form of Durga, known for her ability to vanquish demons and dispel negativity.
As Navratri 2023 draws to a close, devotees eagerly anticipate the seventh day, dedicated to venerating the formidable Goddess Kaalratri. This fierce manifestation of Goddess Durga is renowned for vanquishing demons and dispelling negative energies. The day is marked by profound prayers, sacred rituals, and deep devotion as people seek the blessings and spiritual insight of Maa Kaalratri, believing she can help surmount challenges and cast away malevolent influences.
Navratri 2023 Day 7th: Date and Time
- Saptami Tithi Begins: October 20, 2023 – 11:24 PM
- Saptami Tithi Ends: October 21, 2023 – 09:53 PM
Navratri 2023 Day 7th: Colour
Navy Blue, symbolizing strength and divinity, is the chosen hue for the day of Goddess Kaalratri. Devotees are encouraged to adorn the deity with orchid flowers, offering reverence in this sacred shade.
Navratri 2023 Day 7th: Significance
Navratri holds immense significance among Hindus, with each day celebrated in grandeur. The seventh day is especially cherished as it is dedicated to worshiping Goddess Kaalratri, the fierce embodiment of Goddess Durga. Known for her role in defeating demons, evil spirits, and negativity, she embodies the destruction of ignorance and the triumph of wisdom and truth. With her dark appearance, she reminds us of the impermanence of life and encourages resilience in the face of adversity. Devotees turn to her for protection from harm, spiritual insight, and liberation from negative influences.
The Divine Appearance of Maa Kaalratri
Maa Kaalratri, with her dark complexion reminiscent of a moonless night, is an awe-inspiring sight. She is adorned with open hair, a Narmund (human skull garland), and rides a donkey. Her towering form boasts four hands, wielding a cleaver and torch in her left hands while the others offer blessings and protection. Her forehead bears three all-seeing eyes. Symbolizing the darkness of ignorance, she dispels it with the radiant light of wisdom and truth, reinforcing the dual nature of time as a creator and destroyer. Her devotees seek her guidance to confront their fears and challenges with unwavering determination.
Seeking Blessings and Spiritual Insight
Yogis and Tantriks often invoke Goddess Kaalratri to attain Siddhis and activate their crown chakra. Additionally, those afflicted by Shani dosha in their horoscopes find solace in worshiping her, as she is believed to alleviate this malefic influence.
Navratri 2023 Day 7th: Puja Vidhi
- Early Awakening: Commence the day by waking up early and purifying yourself with a sacred bath.
- Divine Illumination: Light a diya before the Goddess and present a garland as a symbol of your reverence.
- Aromatic Offerings: Offer laung (cloves) and camphor to please the divine deity.
- Homemade Prasad: Share homemade bhog prasad and sweets as a token of devotion.
- Chanting and Fire Ritual: Recite various mantras 108 times and perform a hawan to invoke spiritual blessings.
- Evening Aarti: In the evening, perform the Goddess Durga Aarti to conclude the day’s worship.
Mantras to Invoke Maa Kaalratri
Dhyan Mantra of Kaalratri Maa
- “Ya Devi Sarvabhooteshu Kaal Ratri Roopen Sansthita
Namastasya Namastasya Namastasya Namo Namah..!!”
- “Om Jayanti Mangla Kaali Bhadrakaali Kapalini
Durga Kshama Shivadhatri Swaha Swadha Namostute..!!”
Maa Kaali Mantra
3. “Om Aim Hreem Kleem Chamundaye Vicchaaye..!!”
4. “Om Kaali Mahakaali Kalike Parmeshwari
Sarvanand Karein Devi Narayani Namostute..!!”
Also Read: Navaratri 2023 Day 6th: Maa Katyayani – Date, Puja Vidhi, Mantra, Colour, and Significance
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram Channels to stay updated with the latest CSR news and exclusive updates.
By donating to India CSR as you feel moved, you become more than a reader—you become a partner, a co-navigator charting the course for a more enlightened future.