INDIACSR News Network
NEW DELHI: Moser Baer uses CSR as an integral business process in order to support sustainable development and constantly endeavors to be a good corporate citizen and enhance its performance on the triple bottom line.
Moser Baer believes that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the way to conduct business that achieves a balance or integration of economic, environmental and social imperatives while at the same time addressing stakeholder expectations. Under its CSR policy, the company affirms its commitment of seamless integration of marketplace, workplace, and environment and community concerns with business operations.
Its programmes are framed and rolled out after a detailed stakeholder dialogue. It has an independent budget and a plan of action. Its community development programmes are designed to meet the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as part of MBIL contribution towards nation building.
Moser Baer India headquartered in New Delhi, is a leading global tech-manufacturing company. Established in 1983, the company has successfully developed cutting edge technologies to become one of the world’s largest manufacturers of Optical Storage media like CDs and DVDs.
Moser Baer India has emerged as one of the most credible brands focused on hi-tech manufacturing and R & D activities. It is continuing to unfold the next generation innovative technologies that will catapult India into a respectable manufacturing hub.
The company also emerged as the first to market the next-generation of storage formats like Blu-Ray discs in India. Over the years the company has entered into exciting areas of content replication, home entertainment and is a market leader in the high growth photovoltaic space. It is the only company worldwide to receive the prestigious 5-star rating from TÜV Rheinland for 3 years in a row maintaining highest standards of quality in manufacturing PV modules.
Here are Some of the notable achievements of MBT in the fields of education, livelihood and health, in 2012, have been:
* Imparting computer education to 1600 students through 8 computer centres under the Digital Literacy Program
* Support to 284 and 101 students including school drop-outs and girl children through its non-formal education and Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan programs respectively.
* Adoption of 2 rural government schools in MP and introduction of the unique &ldquoBuilding as Learning Aids&rdquo concept focusing on quality and cost-effective education model opening of support centres and primary education centres.
* Opening of bag making units at Anuppur as an extension to its ongoing initiative AAKAR- a livelihood development program for skilled and unskilled women associates.
* Pilot Debt Recovery Agent training program for young people in association with the NGO Empower Pragati.
* PAHAL (Promotion and Advancement of Health and Livelihood) &ndash the sanitary making unit run by women only, has now presence in 16 villages of Noida and Greater Noida through 40 depot holders.
* Health care to 11,500 people residing in Noida and Greater Noida through its mobile health units.