Bestowed with Ecumenical Medical-Humanitarian Order Knights of St. John of Jerusalem (Knights of Charity)
India CSR News Network
MUMBAI: Awarding him for his outstanding contribution to the betterment of society through several programmes in health, education, water and sanitation, Dr. Huz (Dr. Huzaifa Khorakiwala), CEO and Trustee, Wockhardt Foundation, & Founder, The World Peacekeepers Movement (TWPM) has been awarded Ecumenical Medical-Humanitarian Order Knights of St. John of Jerusalem in a ceremony held yesterday in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Knighthood is always by invitation to the Order and is the most widely known and a highly desirable honor. Only an individual who is already a knight can invite another for the honor. The institution of knighthood has a meaning and history which spans centuries, continents and oceans. It is not an award or diploma but an entry into a major Order that started in 1060 in Jerusalem. This is bestowed upon people who have successfully established their worth in their respective fields over the years and shown an influential substance of meticulous dedication and hard work for their industry and the society by large.
Among the other eminent personalities knighted in this ceremony was the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Dr. Pervaiz Ashraf.
On receiving this honor, Dr. Huz expressed his gratitude by saying, “I am extremely honored to receive this Knighthood from the Ecumenical Medical-Humanitarian Order, Knights of St. John of Jerusalem. It gives me immense satisfaction and motivates me further to serve the society.”
Dr. Huz has been awarded several times through 2016, for his unparalleled accomplishments with exquisite contribution towards social work and not for profit activities, such as:
- Doctor of Excellence award and D. Litt by CIAC (Confederation of International Accreditation Commission) Global in affiliation with KEISIE (Korea Education Institute Graduate School of International Education) International University in November 2016, for his efforts in peace, humanity and outstanding contribution for the betterment of society
- ‘Peace Leader of the year 2016’ award at the 7th India Leadership Conclave and Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards in June 2016, for his noteworthy contribution to the Indian social sector
- Honorarium Doctorate from the Indian Virtual University for Peace and Education in May 2016, for his contribution to the society
- ‘Outstanding Leadership Award’ Nurturing the Future Foundation, in May 2016, for his incredible work towards the needy and underprivileged of the society
- CSR Leadership award at the Global CSR Excellence and Leadership awards in February 2016, for his outstanding contribution and devotion for the betterment of the needy
Dr. Huz is an MBA from the prestigious Yale University in USA and is associated with many social causes. He is the Executive Director of Wockhardt Ltd and is also a part of the promoter family of the Wockhardt Group – a leading pharmaceutical and healthcare group. He has handled many other important positions with Wockhardt, India Center Foundation and Grameen Creative Lab.
Wockhardt Foundation is a national, not-for-profit organization engaged in social service and human welfare activities. Its 19 programmes have made perceptible change in its areas of operations to the lives of the underprivileged. Mobile 1000, its flagship programme, aims at operating 1000 Mobile Health Vans in rural India and administering free primary healthcare to 2.5 million Indians every year. As of date, there are 86 Mobile 1000 Vans operating in 18 states and doing yeoman service to rural India.
Its other programmes like Little Hearts, Pronto Toilet, Pronto Bio-Toilet, E-Learning, Khel Khel Mein, Wockhardt Skills Development Institute, SHUDHU water purification tablets and Adarsh Gram Yojana have made significant impact and it continues to expand its social coverage in areas where the need is the most. Says it’s Trustee & CEO, Dr. Huz (Dr. Huzaifa Khorakiwala) -“Wockhardt Foundation operates its social programmes based on the 3 B’s – Big, Best and Bold. The Big ensures scale, the Best ensures quality and the Bold ensures need.” Wockhardt Foundation is governed by a simple philosophy -“where every smile counts”.
The World Peacekeepers Movement (TWPM)
The World Peacekeepers Movement (TWPM) is a movement based on the enlightening concept of THE WORLD PEACE TRIANGLE – Peace with Oneself, Peace with People & Peace with Nations – representing its intellectual depth, its emotional appeal & its practical realism, it starts with the 7 Peace Values of gratitude, forgiveness, love, humility, giving, patience and truth. It signifies the world’s mass grass roots movement of peace through the creation of the world’s largest army – The World Peace Army. With 1.7 million Peacekeepers, the World Peace Army is the world’s 2nd largest army.