10 Interesting Facts About Kargil War
1. The Kargil War was a conflict between India and Pakistan that lasted for 60 days.
2. The war was fought in the Kargil district of Kashmir, which is located at an altitude of 16,000 to 20,000 feet.
3. The Indian Army launched Operation Vijay to evict the Pakistani infiltrators.
4. The war ended with the Indian Army regaining control of all the disputed territories.
5. Over 527 Indian soldiers were killed in the war.
6. The war was a major victory for India and showed the world that the country is capable of defending its borders.
7. The war also led to a renewed focus on peace and stability in the region.
8. The Kargil War is a reminder of the bravery and sacrifice of the Indian soldiers who fought in the war.
9. The war also showed the importance of the Indian Armed Forces.
10. The Kargil War is a significant day for India and is celebrated as Kargil Vijay Diwas.