IndiaCSR News Network
CHENNAI: CII is organizing day long CSR training in Chennai on April 6, 2016 at Hotel Hilton, Meeting Room – 1, Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Guindy, Chennai, 31Tamil Nadu.
The Companies Act 2013 which came into effect on April 1, 2014, mandates companies to formulate a CSR policy and incur a given minimum expenditure on social activities. With this mandate in place, it becomes critical for companies to understand the social development space well enough to ensure that their funds are not being underutilized or misappropriated. This would further require companies to understanding the life cycle of a CSR initiative in order to establish and implement large scale and impactful social interventions.
In this regard, CII is organizing a one-day hands-on training – “CSR Management” that will equip you to perceive CSR through a strategic lens.
- Developing a common perspective on CSR
- CSR provision of Companies Act and steps for compliance
- Understanding the social issues covered under the Act
- CSR policy formulation : Elements and process involved in formulating policy
- Program planning
- Budgetary planning
- Program management
Who Should Attend?
- CSR Heads/Managers of Companies, including Small and Medium Enterprises
- Corporate Communications, HR and other professionals who currently handle CSR for their companies
- Senior management executives that play a key role in formulating your company’s CSR strategy
- Executives in the company responsible for compliance with the CSR provisions in the Companies Act 2013
Faculty: Hemantha Kumar Pamarthy
Pamarthy, an independent international Adviser, Consultant and Resource person, has over 39 years of Inter/National experience in Top / Senior Management positions spanning Industries such as CSR, Financial Services (Mainstream and Microfinance), Livelihoods, FMCG, Agro-Products and OE Industrial Products. He is proficient in Advising, Consulting and Facilitating Studies, Capacity Building and of course, in Management. Presently, Pamarthy consults with companies in strategising and execution of their company’s CSR mandate. He had also been instrumental in spearheading the planning, budgeting and execution of CSR programmes, such as skill building of peri-urban / rural youth, enhancing facilities of Primary Health Centres, Water and Sanitation and Developing Villages etc.
Confederation of Indian Industry
Southern Region Headquarters
Confederation of Indian Industry, Southern Region Headquarters, 98/1, Velacherry Main Road, Guindy, Chennai-600032, Tamil Nadu
Phone : 91-44-42444555
Fax :91 44 42444510
E : email@example.com