India CSR News Network
MUMBAI: A panel discussion on CSR ‘Can 2% move mountains’ is being organized at The Bay View, Section 1, Marine Plaza, Marine Drive, Mumbai – 400 020.
- Date: Thursday, 16th June
- Time: 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Venue: The Bay View, Section 1, Marine Plaza, Marine Drive, Mumbai – 400 020
It has been three years since the introduction of the “2% CSR Rule” in the Companies Act. The change was expected to bring a deluge of funds to the NGO sector with estimates of Rs 20,000 crore freely quoted in the press – but expectations now are more tempered.
Issues to be covered:
- Will the 2% provision ever be a game-changer for the social sector in India?
- Is it sufficient to effect large-scale change?
- What should Members of CSR Committees of the Board do to enhance participation and impact?
- What should NGOs expect over the next few years?
Join the discussion at the HelpYourNGO Foundation event – aimed at tracking the progress of the mandatory 2% CSR spend by companies.
Mohandas Pai – former CFO and Head of Human Resources at Infosys; Member of the Founding Team and Board of Trustees, The Akshaya Patra Foundation; Founding Member and Vice President, Bangalore Political Action Committee – will deliver the keynote speech.
Hemant Gupta, Head – BSE Sammaan and former Director at Citigroup will introduce Sammaan, a first-of-its-kind online marketplace connecting corporates to credible non-profit organisations. Sammaan brings together the strengths of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), and Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), and currently features over 831 projects worth Rs1,500 crores from 808 NGOs.
RSVP: Bini@HelpYourNGO.com; 022 – 2204 1250/51