NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday launched the nationwide Swachh Bharat Abhiyan that aims to clean up the country in the next five years. He has also nominated nine people to carry forward the campaign.
1. “India can do it. People of India can do it.”
2. “Is cleaning only the responsibility of the karamcharis? Do citizens have no role in this? We have to change this mindset.”
3. “I have invited 9 people and asked them to come to public places and work towards a clean India. I ask them to invite 9 more people too.”
4. “We reached Mars. No PM or Minister went. It was the people who did it, our scientists who did it. So can’t we create a Clean India?”
5. “If this is evaluated by a photo-opportunity, then we would be doing a disservice to the nation. We all must come together and do this (clean India) wherever we are.”
6. “This is not about Modi… Modi is only one of its 1.2 billion people… This is a people’s task.”