INDIACSR News Network
NEW DELHI: Symbiosis Law School, Noida is organizing National Conference on Emerging Issues of Corporate Social Responsibility. The Conference will be organized by Symbiosis Law School, Noida, U.P., India on November 26-27, 2011.
Corporate Social Responsibility is considered now as a peripheral issue for the business. The definition customer satisfaction has changed with the evolving market trends. It is not only about price and service it now includes the impact on society with due stress on Ethical trading, Ethical advertising etc.
Since Corporate Social Responsibility has assumed magnifying importance in today’s context, there is a lot that needs to be discussed in this regard. There are certain unexplored aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility which deserve attention. The recent instance of Japan forced us to rethink aboutCSR after the nuclear disaster, it would not be wrong to say that Japan is in crisis but its predicament is presenting an opportunity to discuss what it means to be a responsible corporate citizen.
The notion of serving one constituency at the expense of others is giving way to the recognition that a company’s mission extends beyond its immediate borders. By bringing together luminaries from various fields, our intention is to pool-in and generate ideas that will impart a new dimension to Corporate Social Responsibility as an area of research.
The Conference is aimed at not only bringing in the views of experts and researchers but also at disseminating it for the betterment of the existing responsibility that corporate houses undertake for the betterment of the society. The knowledge of various experts specialized in this area would set a benchmark for the improvement that still needs to be done to improve the existing scenario. The Conference will facilitate the sharing of experiences of the Academicians, Business Executive, Advocates and Researchers with each other. The Conference will hold different technical sessions on myriad issues related to Emerging Law and Management Issues in Corporate Social Responsibility.
Themes of the Conference
Emerging Law Issues in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Global Idea and National Importance
- Legal and regulatory regime of CSR in India: Structure, Strength and Reforms.
- Legal Issues of CSR in cases of Natural Disasters.
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) OF CSR in the Aviation, Arms and Nuclear Corporations.
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) OF CSR in Movie, Media, Mass communication and telecom industry.
- Legal Impact analysis of CSR in food, Beverage, Drugs, Consumer Goods and Natural Resources Industry.
- CSR and Intellectual Property Rights.
Emerging Management Issues in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- CSR and Higher Education
- CSR: Measurement and Reporting
- New Forms of Corporate Governance
- CSR and Shareholders Value
- Ethical Trading, Advertising Laws and Regulations
- CSR and work Life balance of employees.
- CSR and Environmental Issues
The participant will be provided unique platform for exchanging ideas and disseminating their take on emerging CSR trends.