IndiGo awarded for the third time for being the disabled friendly airline from India
NEW DELHI: Honoring the corporates that have led the way in mainstreaming disability, The Disability Matters Award – Asia Pacific 2017 by Springboard Consulting LLC recently awarded IndiGo for its continued commitment towards creating a disabled-friendly infrastructure and environment for passengers with reduced mobility through their services, products and campaigns.
The prestigious award is bestowed upon prominent corporates across Asia Pacific region. IndiGo has been conferred with the Disability Matters Award for the third time after 2015 for making air travel hassle-free and convenient for passengers with reduced mobility.
Speaking on the occasion, Summi Sharma, Vice President, ifly and Head CSR at IndiGo, said, “Having recognized for our commitment towards making air travel hassle free and convenient for passengers with reduced mobility is not only a milestone, but is truly a humbling moment for us at IndiGo. With the introduction of auto step bus or Braille menu on board, IndiGo today is the only Indian airline with a ‘boarding ramp’, resonating with the airline’s uncompromising character on customer comfort where low cost never means low quality.”
Sharma further added, “Recognition of this stature for the second time is a huge encouragement for the entire team. On behalf of team IndiGo, I thank the esteemed jury for giving us the award.”
Springboard Consulting’s Disability Matters is considered one of the most important corporate events in the world. The highly coveted awards and conference is held annually in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. These awards are given to Corporations around the globe that are leading the way in mainstreaming disability in three categories: Workforce, Workplace and/or Marketplace.
Indian carrier to have unique features such as these:
1. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) certified website that enables passengers with disability to access the website with ease and comfort
2. IndiGo introduced step less boarding ramp that allows wheel chairs and stretchers to be taken right into the aircraft effortlessly
3. The airline has “auto step bus” to assist senior citizens and passengers with disabilities
4. IndiGo introduced the BRAILLE on-board
5. Conducts focused sensitization training workshops for staff, regularly
6. Dedicated mechanism to monitor travel (from check-in, boarding to on board travel experience) – to ensure courteous and hassle free travel experience