India CSR News Network
BANGALORE: India CSR, world’s popular CSR newswire has organized ‘3rd Annual CSR Awards Ceremony’ on 27 August at Davanam Sarovar Portico Suites, Bengaluru, India. The event was supported by Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) and Pehel, the CSR arm of Dainik Jagran Group.
Shri T. B. Jayachandra, Hon’ble Minister for Law, Parliamentary Affairs & Higher Education, Govt. of Karnataka was the Chief Guest of the gala ceremony. Dr. Bhaskar Chatterjee, DG & CEO, India Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) delivered the key note address. Dr. Huzaifa Khorakiwala, Trustee and CEO, Wockhardt Foundation, Shri Ramdas Mansing Mane, CMD, Mane Group of Companies; Shri Sanjay Katkar, Joint MD, Quick Heal Technologies Limited; Shri Sudarshan Suchi, Program Head, Reliance Foundation; Shri Rusen Kumar, Founder and Managing Editor, India CSR and Dr Rana Singh, Co-Founder and CEO, India CSR were the Special Guests of the function.
Addressing the gathering Shri T. B. Jayachandra, Hon’ble Minister for Law, Parliamentary Affairs & Higher Education, Govt. of Karnataka said, “awarding and felicitating successful corporates, organisations and individuals is a great honour and a very good initiative from India CSR. I am happy to be part of the function that pushes and encourages addressing larger social issues. I wish all the winners a great success in their current and future endeavours”.
Dr. Bhaskar Chatterjee, DG & CEO, India Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) in his key note address has emphasised saying that, “it is a history in making by enacting the progressive legislation and there are exciting times ahead for CSR in India. We are hopeful that the law would help in India’s growth and development. The corporates and implementing agencies have invest in couple of more years for CSR rules to evolve”.
Dr. Huzaifa Khorakiwala, Trustee and CEO, Wockhardt Foundation spoke on the occasion and complemented India CSR efforts for building a network of business and CSR leaders. He said, “it is indeed a pleasure to be recognised for our efforts among stalwart companies. These small token of appreciations go a long way in encouraging and extending efforts to bring the desired change in the society.”
The spirit of giving in CSR
Dr Khorakiwala in his very impressive talk gave three point criteria for doing CSR the right way. According to Dr Khorakiwala, CSR is not merely action, but the spirit of action. What differentiates CSR from other work is the “feeling” with which the action is executed. Dr Khorakiwala underscored on doing CSR with Love, Care and Compassion.
With more companies being compliant to CSR law, CSR will have a large role to play in the development sector, taking India closer to achieving the sustainable development goals and curbing the growing social and economic gap in the society.
Ramdas Mansing Mane, CMD, Mane Group of Companies has expressed his gratitude for the recognition and feels motivated to do more in ensuring toilet for all.
Sanjay Katkar, Joint MD, Quick Heal Technologies Limited emphasized that there is need for such platforms and appreciated India CSR forum. He has also encouraged participating companies and organisations to embrace advance technology to track and update the social impact for the larger audience.
Sudarshan Suchi, Program Head, Reliance Foundation spoke on the occasion and said, ‘extremely pleased with the kind of people and projects that have been screened and awarded for their relentless efforts, hardwork and focused approach to ensure basic facilities for dignified living”.
Sudarshan Suchi, while highlighting the danger of CSR being the buzz word, said that the core responsibility of CSR professionals is to bring equity to society by executing projects where the problem exists. Mr Suchi said that CSR is not about territorial rights, but about listening to the problem, focusing on outcomes, and eventually being self-reliant.
Rusen Kumar, Founder and Managing Editor, India CSR in his welcome note said that, “India CSR Awards is one of the prestigious recognitions that honours the outstanding and innovative CSR, Sustainability and Social enterprise projects and recognises leadership in CSR. The platform recognises individuals, organisations, corporates and projects that have made huge impact to the society’.
Dr Rana Singh, Co-Founder and CEO, India CSR while hosting the event expressed his deep interest to create and host as many as platforms to recognise, support and disseminate Best Known Practices to the larger world. He also praised and thanked the attended gathering that Bengaluru, the Silicon Valley of India, for coming in large numbers. It also reflects the city’s commitment towards social cause”.
- India CSR Life Time Achievement Award: Dr Bhaskar Chatterjee, DG & CEO, IICA;
- India CSR Sanitation Leadership Awards: Shri Ramdas Mansing Mane, CMD, Mane Group of Companies;
- India CSR Green Leadership Awards: CBS Sengar, Sr Vice President, Environment Sustainability & CSR, Bhushan Steel Ltd;
- India CSR Green Leadership Awards: Shri Kapil Sharma, Founder, SayTrees;
- India CSR NGO Women Leadership Awards: Meenakshi Batra, CEO, CAF India;
India CSR Professional of the Year Awards:
- Dr Satish Mishra, Head CSR, JK Lakshmi Cement-Durg;
- Ms Leena Deshpande, Head CSR, Bharat Forge, Pune;
- Ms. Akansha Sharma, DGM-CSR, Jubilant FoodWorks Ltd;
- Mr. Abhishek Ranjan, Global Head CSR, Brillio Technologies;
- Mr Ramesh Sasanur; CEO-CSR, Bhoruka Welfare, Bhoruka Group;
- Mr Upendra Sontakke; Head CSR, Astarc Group;
- Ms. Vinitha Venkatraman; Co-Founder, VIVA Development Strategies;
- Mr. Nirbhay Lumde; Manager CSR; Fidelity Investments;
- Mr. Ashish Sahay; Head CSR (India)- HP Inc India;
- Mr Manoj Aggarwal, Head CSR, Cairn India;
- Mr Ashish Ranjan; Head CSR, Balco Korba;
- Ms. Vijayalaksmi Yalasangi, Head CSR, Indian Design Export Pvt Ltd;
Below companies honoured for their significant contribution to society during the function:
- Jagran Pehel: Outstanding Contribution towards Swachh Bharat Mission (Sanitation) with Parnership with RB India’s Dettol Banega Swachh India
- Wonder Cement: Swach Jal Sabka Haq for Safe Drinking Water Facilities
- Brillio Technologies: Thank God It’s Friday (Employee Volunteerism), and empowering 5000 young minds Through Technology (Technology in CSR)
- ASTARC Group: Entrepreneurship Development Program: Making of beneficiary to entrepreneur (Skill Development)
- Cairn India Limited: Jeevan Amrit Project- An initiative for safe drinking water Water and Sanitation
- Quick Heal Technologies Ltd: Life Skill Education Project (Education)
- Bharat Aluminium Company Limited (BALCO), Korba: Project Jalgram – Towards Sustainable Livelihood (Agriculture Development)
- Jubilant FoodWorks Limited: Road Safety (Road Safety), and Clean Our Neighbourhood Programme Sanitation
- Rosa Power Supply Company Limited Reliance Group: Go green initiative (Promotion of Renewable Energy)
- DLF Foundation: Cluster Development Programme (Community Development Programme)
- JK Lakshmi Cement Durg: Sustainable community development program improving quality of life of people in 8 villages in Chhattisgarh (Community Development Programme)
- Sears IT & Management Services India Pvt. Ltd: Donation of LASER Unit to Sassoon Hospital Pune (Health), Lila Poonawala Foundation Donation (Education), and National Digital Literacy Mission (Adding Value to the Local Community)
- Reliance Foundation: Bhumitra Self Reliant Farmers Producer Company (Agriculture), Water conservation as a stimulus to rural transformation (Watershed Development), and Flag Technique – An emergency communication to reach disaster ravaged farmers CSR Documentary Film
- Wockhardt Foundation: Swachh Bharat Recycle Machine (Swachh Bharat Mission)
- Aditya Aluminium: Aditya Birla, Odisha: Livelihood Creation Project (Livelihood Creation)
- Hindalco Industries Ltd (Mahan Aluminium): Sustainable Livelihood (Livelihood Creation)
- Hindalco Industries Ltd – (Birla Copper): Education for All (Education)
- Max India Foundation: Pan India Immunization (Health)
- Mahindra Finance: Sustainability Report 2014-15 (CSR/Sustainability Report)
- Essar Foundation: Comprehensive Water Resources Development in Jamnagar and Devbhumi Dwarka Districts, Gujarat (Watershed Development)
- Strides Foundation: Uttarakhand Disaster Relief (Disaster Relief)
- Bhoruka Group: Sustainable Program for Farmers (Agriculture Development)
CSR Authors honoured at the function:
- Rajesh Tiwari, CSR Today Magazine
- Huzaifa Khorakiwala, Vijay Kapur and Dr. Enaskshi Sengupta for Essentials in Corporate Social Responsibility (2010)
- Dr M Koteswara Rao, Shri D Murli Dhar, Shri PSN Murthy for ‘Corporate Social Responsibility and Public Libraries’ ( 2011)
- Ajith K N for Corporate & Social Responsibility (2011)
- Suresh Kr Pramar for CR Biz
- Dr Rupal Tyagi for Corporate Social Responsibility Analysing Performance in India (2015)
- Harsha Mukherjee for Sustainable CSR – CSR Basics (2016)
- M G Prakash Reddy for Corporate Social Focus magazine
- Dr Manoj Fogla for Handbook on CSR for Corporate & NPOs (2015)
- Amit Upadhyay for TheCSRJournal.in
- Prof Saurabh Mittal for Editor CSR & Competitiveness (2012)
- Atula Imchen, Executive Editor for CSR Mandate
List of Participating Organization
Reliance Foundation, Wockhardt Foundation, Jagran Pehel, Jubilant FoodWorks Limited, Wonder Cement, Aditya Aluminium – Hindalco Industries Ltd., Bharat Aluminium Company Limited, Rosa Power Supply Company Limited, DLF Foundation, JK Lakshmi Cement, Astarc Group, Cairn India Limited, Quick Heal Technologies Ltd, Hindalco Industries Ltd – (Birla Copper), Hindalco Industries Ltd. (Mahan Aluminium), Max India Foundation, Aditya Birla Group, Essar Foundation, Sears IT & Management Services India Pvt. Ltd, Brillio Technologies, Strides Group.
About India CSR Awards
This year’s theme for the India CSR Awards is ‘Celebrating Innovation and Leadership in CSR’. India CSR Awards have been instituted to recognize the innovative CSR Practices in India and this is the third edition of India CSR Awards.
CSR Awards is one of the prestigious recognition honouring the outstanding and innovative CSR, Sustainability and Social Enterprise Projects and leadership in CSR. This year’s theme for the India CSR Awards is ‘Celebrating Innovation and Leadership in CSR’. India CSR Awards have been instituted to recognize the innovative CSR Practices in India and this is the third edition of India CSR Awards.