LEED certification is an international standards system for green building design based on the U.S. Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design system.
GURGAON: Delta India Electronics Pvt. Ltd., the world’s leading provider of power management and thermal management solutions, today announced its Rudrapur plant has successfully achieved LEED certification as “Gold-rated” green building and received the honor from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
LEED certification is an international standards system for green building design based on the U.S. Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) system. The Rudrapur plant was built in 2008 to support Delta’s commitment to the environment.
Yancey Hai, Vice Chairman and CEO, Delta Electronics, Inc., said, “With our corporate mission: “To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow,” Delta continues to develop eco-friendly, energy-efficient manufacturing and products and we are committed to constructing all future Delta facilities as green buildings.
The LEED certification of the Rudrapur plant not only serves as significant recognition for our green practices, but also demonstrates Delta’s dedication to a green and sustainable Earth environment.”
The Rudrapur factory consumes 35% less energy compared to a conventional building of the same size. It is designed using energy efficient architecture, natural sky-lighting and ventilation, rain water harvesting and water re-cycling, as well as using eco-friendly building materials that provide a clean, healthy and safe workplace for employees. For harmony with nature and the local community, every detail of the factory is in sync with the green building spirit. For instance, approximately 60% of the total area of the factory has been kept open and green.
Dalip Sharma, Managing Director of Delta India Electronics, said, “The LEED certified green factory in Rudrapur incorporates Delta’s renewable energy technologies and solutions. The certification recognizes all of our efforts in reducing the environmental impact of our business operations, daily processes, products, buildings and R&D.We are committed to energy savings and environmental protection that helps diminish the serious threat of global warming. In addition, it also confirms our efforts to go beyond mere compliance with ecological guidelines.”
Delta India currently has three manufacturing units located in Rudrapur, Gurgaon, Pondicherry and two R&D centers in Gurgaon and Bangalore. Among them, the new corporate office in Gurgaon has also applied for a platinum rating in accordance with the guidelines of the U.S. LEED and IGBC standards.
Over the past few years, Delta has become a renowned name in telecom power solutions, uninterruptible power systems (UPSs), display solutions, industrial automation, and components, and has many top-tier clients for its various product lines in the Indian market.
Delta Group is the world’s leading provider of power management and thermal management solutions, as well as a major source for components, visual displays, industrial automation, networking products, and renewable energy solutions. Delta Group has sales offices worldwide and manufacturing plants in Taiwan, China, Thailand, Japan, Mexico, India, Brazil and Europe. As a global leader in power electronics, Delta’s mission is, “To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow.” Delta is committed to environmental protection and has implemented green, lead-free production and recycling and waste management programs for many years.
Green Features of Delta Rudrapur Plant
(1) Environment-friendly construction and site sustainability with minimum disturbance to site conditions and minimum refilling of the Earth.
(2) Use of local, recycled, recyclable, reused waste, environment-friendly building material.
(3) Intelligent Building management system controls excess energy system and energy efficiency.
(4) Use of R 407 C, an environment-friendly gas for air-conditioning.
Power factor controllers maintain power factor of 0.99, saving electricity by 12-15%.
(5) Use of Turbo Ventilators.
(6) Natural light harvesting and use of T5 lights and energy efficient fixtures.
(7) Solar BIPV reduces GHG emissions and provides aesthetic feel good factor.
(8) Use of low VOC paints to reduce toxic emissions.
(9) Rain water harvesting charges ground water and reused, also use of grass-create in the parking lot charges ground water and avoids soil erosion.
(10) Sewage treatment plant with anaerobic green process saves water and reuses water.
(11) Water efficient plumbing fixtures save water.
(12) Motion sensors save electricity.
(13) Use of thermal reflective roof sheeting and paints reduce air conditioning loads.
(14)Indoor quality of air is monitored by CO2 sensor.
(15) Energy efficient Low E double-insulated glass used in the administrative block facade.
(16) Environment-friendly and energy efficient transformers and circuit breakers.
(17) Heat island effect.
(18) Local plantation saves water.