“A Key to Inclusive Business through CSR – NGO Partnerships”
INDIACSR News Network
BANGALORE: Social Responsibility has always been an inherent part of Indian philanthropy, be it cultural or traditional. However the social development sector has undergone a major changes and upheavals in terms of perspectives, interventions, innovations, experiments in relation to achieving MDG goals of the United Nations.
Businesses and organizations in India have made great leaps in recent years to increase participation through social outreach programmes for the society/local community’s e.g beautification of the city, aid for education, health, microfinance, climate change and environment etc. However, there are still locations and human habitations that have not benefitted from these efforts especially the “TRIBAL RURAL POOR”.
Sosva Training and Promotion Institute, ( STAPI ) , Pune and Alliance University, Bangalore with our technical support partners namely Youth for Seva , Bangalore and Titan Industries, Hosur and along with our sponsors are organizing the “CSR-NGO South Regional Conference” at Bangalore on 14 -15 December 2012 at Alliance University, Chikka Hagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal main Road, Anekal, Bangalore – 562106.
The participation in the conference is only by invitation.
The conference aims to:
1. To encourage, promote and sustain CSR – NGO partnerships in four southern states – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala
2. Explore ways of increasing the impact of CSR interventions
3. Present and discuss successful rural development models focused on women.
4. Creating networking opportunities for all participating organizations.
The specific objectives of the conference are :
1. To bridge the gap in increasing understanding CSR perspectives of Corporate and NGOs.
2. To strengthen partnerships for strategic CSR interventions in communities
3. To encourage public private partnerships between various stakeholders including government agencies for promoting CSR
4. To promote “ National Voluntary Guidelines “ of Ministry of Corporate Affairs among private and public sector
5. Understand the relevance of ethics for the sustainable CSR
The Conference goal:
To promote partnerships between Corporate and NGO (acting directly or through foundations) working on health, education, livelihood and environment related issues focusing on women empowerment and child development.
The conference will present effective means of connecting private and not-for-profit sectors and highlight successful rural development strategies. The corporate participants will develop a better understanding for the opportunities related to the investment in rural development. For the not-for-profits the conference will underscore the importance of accountability and transparency in making the organizations social investment-ready.
SOSVA Training and Promotion Institute (STAPI)
MHADA Commercial Complex, First Floor,
M.H.B. Colony, Yerwada, Pune – 411 006
Tel: +91 – 20 – 2668 2714, 2668 7900, 2669 6212
Fax: +91 – 20 – 2669 5646
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org