KOCHI: The Muthoot Group will help construct 200 houses at a cost of Rs. 5 lakh each thereby contributing Rs.10 crore for the flood affected victims. The Group plans to initiate the relief work in worst flood affected areas like Paravoor, Alwaye, Chengannoor, Aaranmula, Thiruvalla, Kozhencherry, Kuttanad, Kumarakam, Thodupuzha, Malapuram, Chellanam, Trichur and Idukki.
The interested families who would like to take the help in building their homes can submit their applications to any of their nearest Muthoot Finance branches or to Corporate Communications Department of Muthoot Finance and mark the envelope ‘Application for Construction of Houses’.
Speaking on the occasion, Executive Director George M Jacob said that, “A house is the symbol of the family. We believe that by helping to build a house would be very motivating to the affected families and also help in bringing their normal life faster.”
Criteria for selecting applications are as follows:
- Applicant should be flood affected victim
- His/her house was destroyed in the floods
- Certificate from Local MLA Clearly recommending the case as a genuine one
- Certificates from Panchayat Member about the loss and genuineness of the claim
- Documents showing the ownership of land
- Muthoot M George Foundation will do an on the spot verification of the genuineness of the claim, and the decision of MMGF would be final
- Applications should reach Muthoot Finance office on or before 12thOctober 2018