IndiaCSR News Network
MUMBAI: Consumer Guidance Society of India (CGSI) is organizing a series of camps on ‘Consumer Grievances Redressal’ soon. Elaborating on the camps said Dr. M.S. Kamath, Secretary, CGSI, “We are planning to hold a series of ‘Consumer Grievances Redressal Camps’ in which leading professionals and personalities from various industries and trade will be invited to address the grievances of the customers,”
Professionals from banking, telecommunications, insurance, consumer durable goods manufacturers and service providers are expected to address the grievances in predefined time slots. Tentative date for the first ‘Consumer Camp is on Tuesday 27th May 2014 at ‘Tendulkar Hall, Moghul Lane, Mahim, Mumbai.
CGSI has proposed the following methodology to take the matter forward:
|S No||Activity||Tentative Date Lines|
|1||Consumers to register their complaint on CGSI Toll Free Helpline (final dates to be announced in press conference)||15 May 2014|
|2||CGSI to scrutinize & forward details of customer grievance to respective companies.||18 May 2014|
|3||Cases received to be reviewed/ analyzed by the company and come prepared for the Consumer Camp||19-22 May 2014
· To avoid unnecessary disturbance CGSI may propose a nominal administrative fee of Rs. 100/- to Rs. 200/- per complainant, depending on its complexity.
· Depending on the quantum of cases received, CGSI will allot time slots to the companies.
· The first “Consumer Meet” shall be held as above
· Depending on the response of the first meet, schedules at other locations shall be planned.
· CGSI to inform customers and companies about their times slot and venue
· CGSI has proposed to invite media to cover the entire “Consumer Meet”.
Consumers who wish to participate in this camp can register their complaint by calling up the Toll Free Helpline No. 1800 222262, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by sending an SMS to 9773336400 with their name, area and the name of the company against whom they have a complaint or by writing a letter to the society at its official address.
Consumer Guidance Society of India (CGSI), the pioneer consumer organization founded in 1966 has been working for the protection of consumer interests since last so many decades. CGSI has been selected by the Government of Maharashtra and Government of India and is operating a Toll Free Help Line (No. 1800 222262) for redressal of consumer grievances in Maharashtra. CGSI’s Consumer Complaints Redressal wing receives plenty of grievances from consumers which the legal aid arm addresses on a weekly basis.