Aakar Asha Hospital celebrates its 1st Anniversary

0
218

aakar asha logoIndiaCSR News Network

Hyderabad: Aakar Asha Centre for Enablement of Physically Disabled today celebrated its first anniversary in Kukatpally, Hyderabad. Formed under the N. Swain Memorial Trust, the hospital was established with the noble aim of providing the quality reconstructive treatment for poor people suffering with cleft lip, burns, accidents & swellings. To mark the special day, Mr. Anjaneya Reddy, Chairman- N.Swain Memorial Trust, Mr. G.V. Prasad Co-Chairman & CEO- Dr. Reddy Labs along with the other panel of doctors, surgeons, physicians, and former reconstructive surgery patients were present at the occasion.Dr. DLN Prasad Founder Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bharatendu Swain started the successful initiative called ‘One Rupee Reconstructive Surgery’, for the people who need it but can’t afford it. Under this program free medical camps were organized to identify the people in need of reconstructive surgery from the areas of low income groups and slums. The hospital organized three medical camps for identifying the needy patients and facilitating the surgeries with the cost of Rs. 1 each in the areas of Kukatpally, industrial belt of   Balanagar , and LB Nagar. More than 100 patients were identified, and over 50 patients  were operated successfully. The hospital is planning to conduct the camp to cover the industrial clusters  and slum areas of Mehidipatnam & Tolicowki this month.

On the occasion of Aakar Asha’s first anniversary, Dr. Bharatendu Swain, Managing Director – N Swain memorial Trust, felicitated the donors and trust members for the support extended for the ‘One Rupee Reconstructive Surgery’ program.Mr. C. Anjaneya Reddy, Chairman, N.Swain Memorial Trust speaking on the ocassion

Speaking on the occasion Dr. Bharatendu Swain, Director & Managing Trustee – Aakar Asha Centre for Enablement of Physically Disabled, said “We are delighted to celebrate the first anniversary of Aakar Asha. This hospital was established with the mission to perform high quality reconstructive surgery for the needy people. Keeping this objective in mind, the hospital successfully conducted three One Rupee Reconstructive Surgery camps at Industrial belts and slum clusters. The positive response which we received from the people in real need for reconstructive surgery was overwhelming. Over the past year! More than 385 patients have been screened and 146 patients operated upon, free of cost.

About Aakar Asha Hospital

Aakar Asha is located in Kukatpally, Hyderabad. After 12 years of its functioning in which about 600 physically disabled persons were operated upon in camps and more than 300 young doctors trained in surgical skills, the Aakar Asha hospital was launched.

The hospital which commenced operations in November 2013, operates on a not-for-profit basis, 60 percent of patients being treated free of cost and the remaining 40% paying for care.

Aakar Asha hospital is dedicated to the rehabilitation of physically disabled persons in India by reconstructive surgery and physical rehabilitation. Physical disability comprises 49% of all forms of disability (NSSO) and affects nearly 3 crore Indians. It is a 130 bed hospital with 56 beds operational. It is fully equipped with a Diagnostics facility, modern operation rooms (with operating microscope, power drills, etc), ICU, ER area, Rehab facility, etc.

Comments

comments

SHARE
Previous articleAPM Terminals Inland Services South Asia
Next articleAsian Paints Colorothon says Rang De Dilli
India CSR Network
India CSR Network is India's biggest and most trusted news portal in the domain of CSR & Sustainability. India CSR welcomes stories, statements, updates, reports on issues that interest you. Feedback, comments will make it more purposeful and resourceful. It is designed and maintained by India CSR Group. Contents are non-fiction. Though all efforts have been made to verify the accuracy, the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes. In case of any ambiguity or doubts, readers are advised to verify with the source(s). Statement, articles, views and contributions can be sent to editor@indiacsr.in